Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up Rich its been awhile but I have been working on various new ideas for the car and got a chance to test at what they call a F&F night at a drag strip down south. I have been having the problem of shredding belts left and right. but I'm working on that. I only made three passes. The first pass I had Nitto drag Radials on the car with 32 psi, I know I ws lazy and didn't lower the pressure. got a 2.1 60 ft time. but went a 7.1 in the 1/8 mile at a 102 mph. then the belt broke snap whap whap whap, still coasted to a 12.2 @122 mph. Took some time to watch another 03 for awhile. oh yeah then got yelled at for leaving my helmet at home. Ooops! something like run another pass like that and were kicking you out waited many hours till that man left the tower rolled back into the staging lanes, found a SS to go up against you know the type that think chevy is god and can't lose. I told him he was going to win, my plan was to roll forward to start the clocks and just sit there and go for mph. that way I wouldn't get kicked out. This dragstrip is werid or maybee I am, 'm sitting there Jamming to some simple plan as the tree drops and thier yelling at me for listening to music in my car while racing, I don't care its my car and not thiers. anyways roll forward start the clocks the SS got a okay launch and I'm sitting there tiddling my thumbs, got a 3.6 60 ft thought I waited long enough was I wrong, went a [email protected] mph, oh and still beat the camaro. Man ws he pissed when I flew by. The belt held that time the last run of the night after talking to the guys in the tower for about a half an hour about safety and how I would bring my helmet next time, they let me go again. It would have been my best run of the night a 1.87 60ft. a 6.9 in the 1/[email protected] mph then some where in thrid gear this belt said good night to all, still coasted to a 12.4 @ 126 mph. This was all good testing letting me know that there is some poteninial in this car.

I'm still running the stock injectors, and the KB chip they sent me with the blower still haven't gotten my DIablo back but it will be here soon, and the 8lb lower along with a few other goodies.
This was a boring night really, Racing is kinda getting boring to me maybee I look into something else to do, I need my rollcage too, and maybee a drivshaft loop, as well.

Just saying Hi to Jimmy, Rich, JT, Jim, Rick, Lynn,and everybody else out there, just thought I would share my first trip to the track this year.

:D Bye

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I talked to Matt today about your "adventures" at the strip. Hope to see you at Stanton once your car is safe to run.

--Joe

·
400 Posts
All done Matt you'll have mid week. This should do the trick. ;)
Talk to you when we get back from Texas. Let me know how it works.

Rick

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Matt,, Thank's for stopping by and saying Howdy!!..Sounds like your having fun again..
Hope to see ya soon...:)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Matt, welcome back and thats funny as hell. I can imagine the look on that guys face in the SS. I can think of a couple of SS guys out here on the Island I would love to do that to. Good luck with the belt issue.......

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
What's up, Matt?

Good to hear from you. Looks like that car is an animal, which is expected from the guy who won the first 03 Cobra event last year.

Now stop screwing around and start lighting up some 10s!!

And do more posting here.

Call me when you get some time.

Rich

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
y I was shredding belts, I had a idler pulley litterally come aprt in to sherdded the belt I had on there and left me with a gash in my hand when I went to put another belt on Ford replaced the idler pulley, found out I was losing boost do to this now the belts will stay on with a few other things I have tried. New setup will conisit of 34 to 30 lbs of boost and few other surprises so get ready. Rich I will make you proud. The Fun is about to begin all over again!:D

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
what octane were you using with the 26psi? Can you achieve over 30psi with the KB and a larger crank pulley alone? If you don't want to release this info yet I understand. Good luck, sounds like your having a good time and thats what its about.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'm sorry I didn't see your question. I ran 2 gallons of 113 octane race gas with 93 at the track, on the street I am running 94 octane I get a little detenation in the top of thrid and fourth gear, but remeber I still don't have tune of any sorts in the car yet, so that would explain that. my hand is kinda sliced up so when I get the parts it may take a while to install them or I will just get some firends to help me out and the Harley is back and running stronger than ever. I am going to start doing alittle research on the idler pulleis to see what I can figure out. I will let ya know what I find.:D

Acheiving over 30 psi will be possible I am doing a few other tricks as well to make this happen, I will let you know I just want to make sure they work first, I am confident that I will reach those boost levels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts