Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started up the Cobra yesterday :blob , whew it took awhile for the oil to get into them heads.. ran it for bout 5 minutes, let it warm up, seems like there is still a lot of valve train noise, I was told that after a rebuild most of the cars will have some noise, supercharger pulley was rubbing the alternator so we have to back in a put a few washers on the braket, gonna chage the oil and see if anything bad happened, gotta find a filter for the Lightnin MAF, then comes the break in miles!!! What a nice present to come home to!!

Now gotta start saving for that JT Trim!! :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
GREAT! I hope all goes well, and you get to driving it soon. Once again, glad to see you made it home safely!

·
Registered
207 Posts
96blkcobra said:
sounds good Josh!! That JTtrim is a nice upgrade :D
Yeah a nice upgrade if you want to blow dry your hair faster!!! LMAO

F1R or Bust!!!!!!!! :shootbird :shootbird

Jeff

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Glad to hear the car is back in action. Make sure to post up a few pics!

Razor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will as soon as I get it home, right now its stayin in Open Loop and running real rich, gotta check the 02 sensor wiring, had to extend it for the long tubes.. plus need a filter for the Lighting MAF

·
Registered
41 Posts
shiming

Suggestion only.....try grinding the face of the alternator and any other spots the is hit by the belt(usually the blower bracket is also affected)..shimming may cause you some alignment problem and start throwing belts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Right! I'm dealing with the same thing right now..idler pulley bearings froze and shredded belt...2nd. time..tore up the face of the alterrnator and had to order new blower bracket from Vortech

1 - 11 of 11 Posts