Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Jerry at Strictly Performance and here is the plan. I just wanted to post all the new mods on here to see if there was something I was missing or something I don't need. The only questions I had was did I really need a BAP, and why 50lb injuectors instead of 55lbs? Anyway, let me know what you think and most of all is it safe? They said yeah but here goes nothing...

-Black KB blower at 17psi, flip chip (diablo) and BAP
-HP by Hermann oil catch for the KB
-Hidden Custom Nitrous kit (50 shot) (dry) with remote bottle opener, heater, window rpm switch and all the bells and whistles
-Black Billet Flow throttle body designed for the KB blower
-95mm mass air meter
-50lb injectors and harnesses
-BBK Longtube headers
-X pipe with removable cats
-I will keep my magnaflow catback with spintech mufflers on or switch the mufflers for the magnapaks
-dyno tuning

I know it sounds like a lot but give me your impressions before I make an appointment and trailer my car from IL to TX. Thanks guys:beer:

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Sounds like a great plan to me. Nothing like modding your ride from mid 11's to low 10's in one swift move!

Best of luck to you and let me know how that MAF turns out. I had one custom made and it didn't work well at all!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think I was there when you called.......sounds like you have a plan. When you get to the shop you will have to fight your way around the 03s. Today there was 6 there getting work done or visiting with Richard. You will enjoy your KB and of all the 03s that I know of that have been there.....are out there kicking as*. I am not going to tell you how to spend your money, but make sure you get use to the 600 RWHP before you turn on the NOS, you may get bit bad.:D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Since no one is commenting on you 50# vs 55# injector question I will pop in here.

I think this has alot to do with preference. I know Richard runs the 50's in his car, so that is probably what his tunes are setup for. .

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jay is tuned by Richard and he has 55 lbs injectors.....Don't tell any one but Jay is making over 62*( * to protect the innocent).....and still has more to go.:blob :blob

·
Registered
758 Posts
What brand 95mm Mass Air Meter are going to use ? You still need the BAP, even when using 50/55 injuctors for a safety factor. KB has a chip now for the 55 injuctors. It is very hard to tune for the 95mm Mass Air Meter, as it it is very lean A/F at idle and part throtle and drivability will be poor.

AMB

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a C&L. I installed it before and I went really lean. Since I will be on the dyno I want to see if it will work

·
Registered
758 Posts
Does your C&L use the stock Mass Air Meter ? If it does, that is the same problem everybody is having with it. My frend put one on his 03 Cobra with a 2.9" upper pulley and had to put the stock one back on, even with a Chip/Computer recal. I beleive you can use a Pro-M 95mm Mas Air Meter, as it comes with own Mass Air Meter. I have run one with a Chip/Computer recal, with no problems.

AMB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts