Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is making some wierd noises. I cant track them down. To begin with I heard a wierd sucking squeking noise coming from the drivers side of the intake I found that it was a hose that looked like it had gotten hot and collapsed on it self Im replacing that tomorrow. I have an engine light right now that is caused by the Bank 1 sensor 1 which is the first o2 sensor on the drivers side from what the guys at auto zone said. if thats wrong please tell me. Now for the wierd noises. I can only hear them when parked right next to another vehicle or a wall something that echos the sound from under my car. I hear a weird tinking or clicking sound its kinda hard to describe. When I get on the ground it sounds like it is coming from the exhaust pipes. I stuck my head down by the front tire today and it sounded like a rattle sound from the engine area. I open the hood and I cant hear anything but the normal belt and fan noises. This thing is really anoying me. I wish I could just figure out what it is. My fuel pump is also making a rattle sound when it kicks on. Is that right or should it be more of a motor sound. I was wondering if maybe the fuel pump was going out causing not enough gas to get to the engine and maybe causing the car to run lean in turn killing my O2 sensor or throwing a light. Odd theary I know but any help would be great. Thanks to all that read all this and reply.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Sounds like you have an exhaust leak around the header, and header to H pipe. That could also trigger your O2 sensor code. I'd get it fixed ASAP before it causes more problems. - John

·
Registered
630 Posts
Do you have stock exhaust manifolds, or aftermarket headers?

I'd say the leak would be around the collector. Problems it causes; it senses the leak, screws with your air/fuel and timing I think. ECU goes into limp home mode and runs like crap basically.

John

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'd jack the car up on jackstands, then check the header, and header to H pipe bolts first. If I didn't find any loose, I'd turn the car on and get under it to pinpoint the leak. Where the ticking noise is coming from will probably be where the gasket leak is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts