Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought you all would like to see this. It wasn't the easiest thing to find on their website but its good reading nonetheless.

For some reason I had to cut and past it piece by piece but oh well. I just put up the good stuff.

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., is the highest-ranking corporation in the 2003 IQS, followed by Porsche Cars North America, Inc., BMW of North America and American Honda Motor Co. Lexus is the top-ranked nameplate.
At the model level, Toyota Motor Sales vehicles rank highest in six segments, Ford Motor Company vehicles rank highest in five, General Motors Corp. in three and American Honda and DaimlerChrysler vehicles each rank highest in one segment.
HMMM Wonder if any magazine will say that FORD is second in producing the best quality cars on the market?

The study shows that the initial quality gap between Domestic, European, Japanese and Korean brands continues to narrow. While Domestics trailed their European and Japanese counterparts by at least 19 PP100 five years ago, Domestics and Europeans are now equal, and both trail the Japanese by 9 PP100. Korean manufacturers have demonstrated substantial five-year improvements in initial quality. In 1998, 116 PP100 separated Korean brands from the Europeans, which led the industry. By 2003, the quality gap between the Koreans and the industry-leading Japanese fell to 26 PP100.
If you like to read the entire press release, use this link. http://www.jdpower.com

Click on the global incon.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Nice Article..

·
Registered
229 Posts
I decided to play with the vehicle selector on the J.D. Power site, and I was able to get it to tell me I should buy a 2003 Mustang.

Pictured what looked like a 2001 Cobra, and the dealer experience was low rated. That shocked me:p

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts