Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to re-dyno the car after New Hampshire and here are the results. The air fuel tailors up to about a 12.4 at the end of the run. It's in the mid 11's during the rest of the run. I will be testing our new prototype blower next week. It is still a 112 but with a new case design. On the Lightning's it picked up 66 horspower and 83 ft-lbs torque. We should see the same gains if not a little more on the Cobra's. That mean it owuld put us at about 650 on torque and about 585 on horsepower. Enjoy the pic.

[email protected]

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jim,

That's amazing, man. I have seen this car run many times without cams and then with the cams, it ran about a full half-second faster.

The dyno sheet doesn't exactly reflect the improvement in performance that the cams give the car. But it's still very impressive.

And that's real impressive news about the revised blower! Imagine Eatons running just as fast and powerful as twin-screw KB's!

DAMN!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Jim,

Looks damn impressive! Finally a "real" 500+ HP with the Eaton.

I'm interested in the blower results. Are you sure you don't want to try it on a car with stock cams first? ;)

JT

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Track tested then dyno tested..COOL BEANS

I am very interested in the New Blower and Cams also..

·
Registered
285 Posts
is the blower the one off the jaguar?

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Does the car sound cammed? I sure hope so :)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
stlblack03 said:
Does the car sound cammed? I sure hope so :)
Very slight lope....Not much but enough..I liked it..

·
Registered
793 Posts
Jim,

Assuming blue is before and red is after new cams, looks like big torque drop off below 2500 RPM. Is that correct? If so, what's it like to drive on the street?

Will these cams be emissions legal?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PhillyCobra said:
Jim,

Assuming blue is before and red is after new cams, looks like big torque drop off below 2500 RPM. Is that correct? If so, what's it like to drive on the street?

Will these cams be emissions legal?
PhillyCobra,

There is no drop in torque. On the first run I started the dyno run and then pushed the record button. On the second run I hit the record button THAN started the run. It actually picked up 10 ft-lbs of torque at 2500, 44 ft-lbs of torque at 4500 and 30 ft-lbs torque at 6000 RPM's. There is a difference of 40 horsepower under the curve. The bottom line is about 40 hp and 44 ft-bs torque was gained. As for emissions, I don't see why they would not be legal but I have not ran it through the emissions lab yet.

"Our new prototype blower" = Magnum Powers (it's almost identical to the Eaton 112 without the 4 relief's on the bottom of the case.)
The Real Snake,

Being that this is your first post I am not sure to whether I should take it seriously or not. But, if your question is if I am working with Magnum Powers the answer is yes. Filling the four holes is not the only difference. It's a whole new case that will make the blower flow just like a 120. 70 HP and 80ft-lbs torque is what we are expecting.

To everyone else,

The price on the cams will be determined on how many I order. Right now I have commitments on about 11 sets. If anyone else is interested please call the shop and place an order.

venomousSonic03,

It peaks at 19 pounds and falls off to about 13.

[email protected]

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Sounds pretty sweeeeeeet. Thanks for the info.

gary

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hey Jim,

It was very nice to finally meet you at FFW Epping. Thanks for the hospitality.

When I was talking with Shawn about the cams, he explained that the cams had enough lift to require new springs and you also installed titanium retainers. My question is: what will come in the kit? Can you give us a "ballpark" so we know what price range we're talking about?

Thanks again,

MJ

P.S. Nice job on the customized Ford MAF. That thing didn't peg on HAMMER's car at over 600rwhp. You are the :king

·
Registered
4 Posts
love it

1 - 20 of 72 Posts