Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to JDM yesterday to get my rear center section cover re sealed, it had a slow leak.

Shaun did a great job. It is a big job. there is a brace that runs across behind he center section that won't allow the cover to slide over the ring gear when everything is in place. Shaun removed the driveshaft and undid the mounts to get the center section to slide forward enough to get the cover on and off. He does very nice work.

While I was there, Jim was tuning a car that came from another shop that had larger injectors and an aftermarket MAF that they insisted the car needed. All it had was a 2.8 and exhaust? not sure why they thought the car needed injectors and a MAF? Anyway, Jim had the car fixed up in no time and had it pumping out 460 rwhp, when it came in with 420 something, 423 I think. Not only that, it would idle and run smooth, too, neither of which it would do when it came in!

While I was in with Anthony, I saw what those guys have to deal with all day. When you call there, try to keep in mind how hard they are working, and that they have the phone glued to their head all day long! Be nice, those guys will take care of you! Actually they will take care of you either way, but being nice is the right thing to do!

JT

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2kbill said:
JT,

What kind of sealant did they use? Just curious.

Bill
UltraBlack on a brand new cover. the cover was from fordpartsnetwork for around $40.00.

Oh, btw, the cover did not inclued the press in metal vent that the rubber vent hose pushes on to. Not sure if it should have. They managed to push the old one out of the old cover and install it in the new. If you order a new cover, I would try to order the insert too.

JT

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey JT, glad to hear you have everything cleaned up. Looks like ya have a new friend with JDM, eh? I am working on making friends with those guys too, they are a great bunch of guys, and seem to very knowledgeable people. Jim's tunes seem to be the real deal, I mean there is little difference between the L motors and the '03 motors, and we all know what JDM does to Lightnings.....can we say FAST?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts