Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well heres the latest developments on the kook header saga.
JDM sent the parts out to the wrong address,i had to go track them down and pick them up myself at UPS.
I get home all excited that i will now meet my obligations.
I open up the boxes and start removing parts one at a time,removing tons of packing paper after each piece,first i opened the box containing my Offroad X midpipe,and guess what,its not an offroad midpipe its catalytic convertors and a shorty H pipe
Then i open up the small box containing the small parts such as bolts and O2 extenders,guess what,no clamps to install the convertors even if i chose to use them.
Next i open the box with my new headers,they ae very well packed in paper,i pull out the first header and it looks ok,i pull out the second header and start unwrapping it,what do i see,dents all over in the tubes,and scratches galore as if someone drug it across a concrete floor.

None of the boxes were damaged in any way so i know UPS did not cause this damage,that means JDM packed this damaged merchandise and shipped it to a customer.
I emailed JDM and am currently waiting for their reply.
I knew something would get screwed up but i certainly wasnt expecting this kind of shit at all!!! :mad: :mad:
If your not familiar with the topic heres my old post that someone closed.http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=558&highlight=kooks+headers

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I would think that JDM will make everything right with your issue. I have never dealt with them, so I dont know. But I know, other places like Amazon would work something out with you. They have been great to deal with, and are a quality act with quality products. Hope things go well for you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wont reply to your comment until i have heard from JDM.
I can say my opinion differs from yours.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Phew, this has been one difficult purchase.
The web really highlights the importance of consistant customer service.
No vendor ever says ' today let's go screw over some customers so they can post how crappy we are on the web'. From way out here, it is clear that JDM is working hard to build a business -- I would think that every interaction with you would be flagged as 'special handling' after all of the previous dialogue.

:confused:
JW

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Very unfortunate headaches. I agree with Rick. Reserve judgement (on this latest development) and give them a chance to correct the problems.

Were they Jet Hotted or Ceramic coated?

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
From what I've read, this WAS their attempt at correcting the problem.

How many chances do they deserve?

A bad situation can happen to any company, and to any customer. How that company fixes the problem is the best indicator of their value.
I can see, as plainly as the rest of you can, exactly how much value JDM put into making things right by the condition of that header...........

G

·
I can see the scene now....the JDM guy packaging this drops the header by accident...then..in fear of getting fired/beaten to death by the boss...he just packs them off and prays the scratch goes away. :rolleyes:

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
Headers

Sorry to hear what happen,but there is NO Way,Jim would have sent them out damaged.It must have happen in his shipping dept.When you go to his shop,his attention to Detail is A-1.He will correct..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tell me exactly how many times do i have to wait for the same situation to be handled properly to a satisfactory ending?
I mean get real

·
Registered
246 Posts
sn8kbite,
I know exactly what games your going through with Jim that myself and many others have experienced since 99 and believe me unless you have dealt with this kind of person individually and been through all the broken promises you have no clue! Good luck with your exhaust i hope they resolve this issue for you!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can see the scene now....the JDM guy packaging this drops the header by accident...then..in fear of getting fired/beaten to death by the boss...he just packs them off and prays the scratch goes away.
I am the one who packed and shipped the order. The headers come bubble wrapped from the coaters and I transferred them over to our box with heavy packing just like you stated. Since we have started selling headers which is about more than a year ago we have had zero damages on any of them. You are the first. I can assure you that no one at JDM dropped them. I can also assure you that JDM will not leave you out in the cold. Whatever needs to be done to fix your order will be done. I will have Jeremy give you a call first thing Monday morning so we can get this straightened out. I am sorry for all the trouble this may have caused you.

Thanks,

[email protected]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So you packed the headers?Careful here now.I talked to Jim personally on the phone saturday morning and he told me that the coaters packed and shipped the headers because of the rush needed to get them to me on time.
So the saga continues......
You know what i think i want?I want my ****ing money back im sick of this BS!!!!

P.S... at this point i will not speak or deal with anyone at JDM other than Jim personally PERIOD!!!!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Sn8kbite,

Looks like JDM is being responsive to your problem and intends on correcting it for you.

I think that we're all supportive of you and want to see this situation get fixed so that you are happy. I hope it goes that way and it looks like it might.

Let's end this here, before it turns into a slander or bash session. That serves no positive purpose whatsoever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.