Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty!! My longtubes have arrived today that I ordered on 1/6/03. Thanks to Jeremy at JDM for following up with my order. If you're here Jeremy, I'm the wiseguy who tried selling you my slightly used Magnaflow catted x-pipe. :D

Anyway, the car goes up on the lift this weekend. I WILL BE TAKING EXTENSIVE DIGITAL PICTURES OF THE INSTALL!! I'm bringing my laptop to dump the 32Mb card if it fills up. I'm a mechanical novice, so I'll be taking my time.

Tuning for the longtubes will be performed by Apten-US. I will be posting before and after dyno sheets to directly compare the stock shorties to the Kooks.

·
Registered
521 Posts
All I can say is good luck. I will never try that install again. I'll just suck it up and pay for it......Good luck....

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll be doing it again but I'm going to drop the k-frame next time. 03Steve is using a lift so it should be somewhat easier than doing it on the floor like I did. Still, as 03snake says, good luck to ya!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Where in Lancaster are you guys? I'm out there often, I'd like to see part or all of te install. I know how to turn a wrench too if needed... I think.

JT

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
cobrabruce said:
I'll be doing it again but I'm going to drop the k-frame next time. 03Steve is using a lift so it should be somewhat easier than doing it on the floor like I did. Still, as 03snake says, good luck to ya!
After installing JBA shorties on my Bullitt, I swore that I'd never do headers again without dropping the K-member.

Well, I broke that promise when installing the JDM LTs and I'm glad I did. The install was not that bad. First time with the JBAs it took about 16 hours. This time it only took 7hrs and I was doing other stuff at the same time (lower pulley).

MJ

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where in Lancaster are you guys? I'm out there often, I'd like to see part or all of te install. I know how to turn a wrench too if needed... I think.
I'm back home in St. Louis with the Cobra now. I was doing a mechanical audit at Kunzler & Co. Thank you offering to help, I appreciate it! :D

Looks like the lift I was initially going to use is unavailable. I'll get one somehow this weekend.

I came home to find the longtubes boxed and wrapped. I just got done unwrapping them. Freaking beautiful. The primaries have engraved numbers.

Look for pictures soon, I'm still planning on doing an extensive write-up with pictures. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
5 years and no update?? Or I missed it!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sorry, I found the update, didn't realize you started a new thread.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
hey steve ive got headers and gt cams going in next week

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. This thread is five years old. I just wanna tell myself to "stfu noob". Maybe the thread about integrating Autotap alerts into the FM radio will be next? lol

Anyway, this was back when the Kooks headers had slip-fit collectors. Mine leaked at the slip fit, and hung really low. So...I took em off.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Damn Steve is that your car in your sig leaving?????? If so you def. got that suspension working, whats it run????

·
Registered
127 Posts
Damn Steve is that your car in your sig leaving?????? If so you def. got that suspension working, whats it run????
Does look pretty good, either you need a lot more air in the air bag or you need an antiroll bar like a MOFO. Cool 5 year old thread.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thats his 99 Faleen leaving. solid axle swap,few other drag strip tricks. I think he ran 12.50's with a stock motor and bolt ons. 1.5-1.6 60ft's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts