Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to JDM today for my JDM/Kook's header install.I had 8am appt. and got there a little late (TRAFFIC.) The Install took about 5hrs with time out for Breakest.Evan Smith from MM/FF was there and took pic's for an article.He was there doing another article also i believe.
The install went real good the headers fit nice the h pipe and Polished cats look awesome.The sound was a suprise .It sounds real nice and not as loud as i thought it would..Big Block sound no more x pipe high pitch.
Everyone at JDM was super nice.I have to comment on there attention to detail.I am super pleased with the whole deal.
Tomorrow off to the dyno @ Mustang Magic..

I posted in the GP forum.
Jim is offering modularfords
Header and h or x pipe Group Purchace.

http://www.modularfords.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=40

jim v.

G

·
Thanks for the info Jim and for the heads up on the group purchase. I am taking alittle break from Modifying my 03 any further. She is plenty fast enough for now.

Let us know about the kick butt horsepower numbers you will get.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Jim what size did u get? Do you know what brand of cats are used. Could you stand the noise driving these around 60 miles each day?
Sorry for all the questions...gotta have a plan in case the grin from my senior citizen pulley ever goes away :D

Bill

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2kbill said:
Jim what size did u get? Do you know what brand of cats are used. Could you stand the noise driving these around 60 miles each day?
Sorry for all the questions...gotta have a plan in case the grin from my senior citizen pulley ever goes away :D

Bill
Bill, The cats are Carteck cats they are larger then the bassani cats i had,,They are polished SS.The headers i got are 1 5/8 with 2 1/2 in Collectors.I am going to drive the car to Florida with this setup..I thought with my Mac Catback it was going to be too loud..It is not too loud.Quiet at Idle.Quiet at Cruise and no drone.

jim v.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Jimmy V. how come U went with the H instead of the X?? I heard a modular car with the Mac Catback and offroad H and it sounded like glasspacks under load, I hope thats not the sound U ended up with! Also why do these headers require less installation they are a true longtube arent they?? Also what is the installation price, they seem to have a lot going for them , now the dyno will tell the tale, good luck tomorrow!! Trey

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trey193 said:
Jimmy V. how come U went with the H instead of the X?? I heard a modular car with the Mac Catback and offroad H and it sounded like glasspacks under load, I hope thats not the sound U ended up with! Also why do these headers require less installation they are a true longtube arent they?? Also what is the installation price, they seem to have a lot going for them , now the dyno will tell the tale, good luck tomorrow!! Trey
Trey, The catted h is the only cat pipe offering,The x pipe is without cats only.I was concerned about how it would sound but was pleasently suprised.
The headers require less installation because they are slip fit headers,They are installed one tube at a time and slip fitted into the collector.It was very informative on my visit to KOOKS headers to see them made and then go to JDM and see the install.They are a quality header.

jim v.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
03Venom said:
Hey Jimmy V You get those new dyno numbers yet?
No numbers yet. The AF now is under 10. I need new tune..The AF went from 11.3 to under 10.The Puter adding fuel. Hopefully Rick can figure it out.
Car runs awesome just FAT..Like a Girl i know.Hopefully i can tune it on monday.

jim v.

·
Registered
111 Posts
huh thats weird Jim i would of thought that it would of went lean on ya..Did you see a drop in boost with headers......whats your take on why the computer is adding so much fuel?

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Hey Jim, excellent news. We ordered the exact same setup about the same time (1/6 for me). Everything should arrive today, I will be taking extensive pictures of the install. I used to own a recording studio, I may record some wav or mp3 files with some high quality microphones.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does anyone know where we can get sound files of the different exhaust setups? I'm getting ready to do a full exhaust install and want to see what's out there.

Jim, can you please tell me where you ordered all your exhaust stuff from and how much it costs approx.?

I'd love to get long tubes as well, but wasn't sure if I could get some cats and stay legal and whatnot. Could I still pass emissions?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
406 Posts
Forget about those prices he has posted its BS.I called JDM and they gave me some BS story about it only being 20 sets of headers.It appears to be a sales tactic to get you on the phone and sell them to you at full price.:shootbird

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sn8kbite said:
Forget about those prices he has posted its BS.I called JDM and they gave me some BS story about it only being 20 sets of headers.It appears to be a sales tactic to get you on the phone and sell them to you at full price.:shootbird
Sorry i should of posted it was for 10sets..Jim told me it went over 10 and the GP is done..

jim v.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts