Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jimmy V had his Kooks exhaust system installed recently. I spoke with him and he said that the project went perfectly and the headers and exhaust are second to none.

THE PROJECT IS NOT COMPLETE! Jimmy could not dyno because he needs a new tune due to the dramatic change made by the largely improved exhaust system. But he is very happy and satisfied with his new exhaust.

He drove the car from NJ back home to NY and, even going easy, could easily tell that the car made good power. And he LOVES the sound...quiet when going easy and hearty muscle car sound when on it.

There is no question that good exhaust makes big power and Kooks/JDM long tubes make the best power possible. I saw the JDM long tubes at the Crazy Horse Dyno meet and they have stock clearance. They are gorgeous! So there's NO REASON I can think of to hesitate in this investment. Just like any other mod, different 03's will get slightly different gains but there's no better performance exhaust to be had...PERIOD!!!

There is a lot of speculation and gossip while Jimmy V is trying to finish the project. The article was covered by MM&FF and will be revealed soon enough. But I see no reason to wait for results.

Anyone thinking about this upgrade...there's no reason to wait.

G

·
im happy with mine, the shop that installed them has installed alot of kooks headers on diffrent cars and said that these are the best the have ever put on.

the shop i dynoed at the other day said they were the nicest headers he had ever seen on a mod car as well.

i like my QMP exaust and have great ground clearance as well.

matt

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Kooks rocks. 'nuf said. Even with the 1 3/4 x 3's i have there is plenty of ground clearance.

gary

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hammer, I'll try to stay on the positive side of this, since the install is still in progress, but, (**&^%$#@$%%^'king install is a bit ch. Finally gave up on it yesterday and flatbedded it to a local performance shop. They started on it about an hour ago, and even they are grumbling a little. Should be done this afternoon.
Can't wait to fire it up. Biggest problem right now is no 02 extenders on the island. How bad would it be to run without the front set hooked up?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I already expressed interest in his setup. I haven't seen a reply yet. Can you please tell me what exact setup he has done and approximately how much the parts cost? Also, can it still be emissions legal? Thanks.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dspiel said:
hey HAMMER, is that your car in your AVATAR ? Lets see some pics.
Hep dspiel. Yeah, that's my car in the staging lane at Bowling Green NMRA Finals last year. Sorry, I don't have any pictures. Actually, I found that Avatar from SVTPERFORMANCE where some guys posted pictures from the race.

Guess I should be more sentimental about my car and get some pictures done.

G

·
I have a video of my car at the local 1/8th mile grease pit last night, my buddy/camera man was drunk but the sound is good. post your email if you want it.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
matt lankford said:
I have a video of my car at the local 1/8th mile grease pit last night, my buddy/camera man was drunk but the sound is good. post your email if you want it.
Is there any naked women in the video?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IWRBB said:
Here's some pics I took at the Shootout.

I think they are Hammer's from the window tint..

Staged

Side Pic 1

Side Pic 2
IWRBB, you found pictures that I haven't even seen yet. Thanks for the compliments.

The NMRA Finals was more fun and excitement than I've had in years. Nothing like messing up a launch in front of TENS OF THOUSANDS of spectators!!

I hope some of you will get involved this year. We can all display our new jackets like a real pose.

:cool:

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
You haven't seen them because I was the one who took them :) I was the one who posted the pics over on SVTPerf you referred to. I have a few more as well. I might just upload them all to an album for all the newbie owners to check out..

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
NMRA Finals - 03 Shootout Original Pictures

Here's a link to all the orig pictures. Some are online for the first time. All at 2400x1800 rez - 1.7 megs a piece. Feel free to use any you want.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=1&start=1&id=4290779917

For those who are bandwidth challenged or don't want to join imagestation for some reason (it's free) try this link.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=430

The second link were the ones I put up on SVTPerf. back when it happened. They are cropped and reduced. There are a couple of pics of the 03 Cobras I couldn't find the originals for, but are in that album.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts