Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had forgot to mention in my earlier posts the help JDM gave me in Columbus.

I went to the event on 275/40 BFG KD's. They didn't seem to be working real good so I wanted to try some F1's. Hammer had his F1's with him in case it rained on the way there. Anyway, in the middle of the day Saturday the track opened the lanes for a few minutes for a test and tune. I was at the JDM pit area when the announcement came down. I knew it would be close time wise no matter what I did, but I didn't want to carry everything back to my pit area to do the swap. Jim personally got his jack out from under the floor of one of his trailers, grabbed me a ratchet, socket and extender so I could swap the tires. Hammer, Dave and I got them switched just in time for me to get in the lanes.

Jim did this even though I was competeing in the same class as his '03.

That pass was my best of the weekend and my first 1.8x 60 ft!

Thanks Jim!

JT

·
Registered
282 Posts
JT, I saw that and I thought that was pretty cool of Jim. It is great to see some vendors doing whatever it takes to help us turn the best times possible, regardless of who is competing with who.

Thumbs up JDM!

Kevin

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Yes, Jim D'Amore is an AWESOME vendor and one of the fellas too.

I'm pushing for him to come on board this site...he's an asset for us and hopefully will be here soon.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I saw the same thing when Jim was in Richmond this past June. Great guy and always willing to help out.....no matter how busy he is. Same with his folks he brought with him. Got to appreciate that. I agree....he would be an asset to this forum if he joins us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts