Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Looks a little rich from 3-4k rpm for my likings. Any word on what mods it has and boost its running?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Man! I think that A/F curve looks awesome. Should be an easy fix for that low rpm bump right? That TQ curve doesn't fall off like a stock Cobra's does. I bet thats somewhere around 13-16lbs of boost?

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
03snake said:
Man! I think that A/F curve looks awesome. Should be an easy fix for that low rpm bump right? That TQ curve doesn't fall off like a stock Cobra's does. I bet thats somewhere around 13-16lbs of boost?
I would guess 17+PSI myself based on what I have seen so far. I will be ordering my KB This week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good HP number but shouldn't the torque number be closer to the HP # if not higher or is that not the case with the KB?

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Tell him to give his Boost-a-Pump controller a little turn to the right. :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Steve, do you feel headers are a must for the KB? I have the Kooks 1 3/4" Pri's to 3" collectors. Will these be OK for the KB?

·
Registered
138 Posts
COBRA MODS

THE CAR WAS AN '03 COBRA KENNE BELL BLOWER WITH A 3" PULLEY.IT WAS RUNNING APPROX 17LBS OF BOOST THIS IS ON PUMP GAS-93 OCTANE.

THE TUNE IS NOT FOR MAX POWER--AT THE END THE BOOST A PUMP COMES ON--I DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE SWITCH IS SET TO OR I CAN MAKE SOME MORE ADJUSTMENTS IN THE PROGRAM.

IT IS LEANER IN THE BEGINNING BECAUSE IT DOES NOT NEED ALL THAT FUEL DOWN LOW--AT WOT IT WILL NEVER GET BACK DOWN THERE WHEN SHIFTING FROM 6500RPM.THAT IS WHY I TUNED IT THAT WAY.
WITH SOME MORE FINE TUNING IT CAN MAKE MORE POWER,BUT IT IS A STREET CAR--NOT AN ALL OUT RACE CAR.
JUST EXPLAINING WHAT I DID SOMEWHAT.

THANKS
JOE

ANY QUESTIONS GIVE ME A CALL OR E-MAIL ME.

WWW.JDS-HIGH-PERFORMANCE.COM
:)

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
03snake, I wish I had your exhaust. I feel any reduction in backpressure is a good thing. Remember the KB car in 5.0 magazine making 14 lbs. of backpressure with the catback off?!

Yep, I would give the Boost-a-Pump control module a bump in the rich direction. The added fuel pressure will keep the car away from the 13:1 range in the lower RPM band. The added fuel pressure will affect the enitre RPM range though.

FUGGIN SWEET #'s :jawdrop

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well STEVE, I'll give you my exhaust for the KB...LOL j/k Thanks for the reply man.....

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Re: COBRA MODS

RESTOMAN said:
THE CAR WAS AN '03 COBRA KENNE BELL BLOWER WITH A 3" PULLEY.IT WAS RUNNING APPROX 17LBS OF BOOST.
Any other mods?

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
17psi alright! I have that pulley!! 93 octane, or higher?

·
Registered
138 Posts
BOOST A PUMP

THE BOOST A PUMP WILL NOT COME ON UNTIL IT IS TRIGGERED TO--SO IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU SET IT.
IT WILL ONLY WORK WHEN SWITCH SETTING IS TRIGGERED.

THAT'S WHY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THAT SWITCH IS SET TO--I DID NOT HAVE TIME TO FIND OUT LAST NIGHT.

THANKS
JOE:)

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
The pressure switch to activate the boost-a-pump should be teed into the boost bypass valve line. When the switch sees 2-3 psi it should close, activating the boost-a-pump.

Great numbers, Joe! Got a couple questions though.

You do Diablo flip chips?
See any problems around 6000 rpm with the MAF pegging?
What kind of CAI does the 03 have?

Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
diablo chips

I SELL DIABLO CHIPS FOR REGULAR TUNES,I MAKE ALL OF MY OWN AUTOLOGIC CHIPS FOR THE MUSTANGS AND LIGHNINGS THOUGH.
I CAN NEVER GET THE SAME POWER AS I CAN GET WITH THE AUTOLOGIC.
I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PROGRAMS FROM DIABLO WITH A GOOD A/F CURVE YET ON THE COBRAS--ALTHOUGH MAYBE THERE ARE SOME,I DON'T KNOW.
IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO MAKE MY OWN PROGRAM THEN JUST KEEP DOWNLOADING FILES THAT SOMEONE ELSE MADE.

ON THE MAF PEGGING--I HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM WITH THAT YET ON ANY I HAVE DONE-IT COULD BE SOMETHING IN THEIR PROGRAM--I THINK THEY ARE DOING THE A/F TUNING WITH THE MAF CURVE.

SORRY WHAT IS CAI--IT IS GETTING LATE AND I CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT--

THANKS
JOE

1 - 20 of 37 Posts