Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my jlp lower kit in the mail. I thought she said that it included some kind of pulley for the alternator, however all I got was the big pulley, some bolts, and a bracket and some big strange looking nut. Does anyone else have this kit? The kit was the $375 one, and all the ones on their site are in the 275 range. I don't think I have everything. I tried to call them, but they are gone. I was wanting to install this stuff over the weekend, so if anyone know, please reply.

Thanks

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
The Alternator pulley does not come with the Kit..The Prices vary with how many different wheels you get..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for all the ?'s....I got the upper changed in under 10 min., have the chip installed, plugs installed, now working on the lower. Any one know what size that hex is? and is it reverse thread? Thanks for answering my questions Uncle Jimmy!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Reggie said:
Sorry for all the ?'s....I got the upper changed in under 10 min., have the chip installed, plugs installed, now working on the lower. Any one know what size that hex is? and is it reverse thread? Thanks for answering my questions Uncle Jimmy!
That sounds like the Metco Lower Kit.
Here is a thread on installing it.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
btw you want to buy the pulley for the alternator it is like 50. There have been a few to fry theres.

·
Registered
285 Posts
the lower is a 14mm hex and it takes a big bar to break it loose

make sure you get a short one for the limited space

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tommygun said:
the lower is a 14mm hex and it takes a big bar to break it loose

make sure you get a short one for the limited space
Tommy,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have the jlp kit? Is there supposed to be a bracket with idler and an alternator pulley with it? Oh and are the threads that hold on the stock lower pulley reverse threads?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Reggie said:
Tommy,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have the jlp kit? Is there supposed to be a bracket with idler and an alternator pulley with it? Oh and are the threads that hold on the stock lower pulley reverse threads?

Thanks
That is the Metco Lower kit it is not made by JLP. It doesn't come with the alternator pulley you have to buy that seperately. The crank bolt is reverse threaded.

If you are interested in instructions click me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts