Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking about getting a vortech JT trim and was wondering if it needed special brackets. I have a 99 cobra. I was wondering what kind of cost I would be looking at to get it ready to put on, not counting fuel system, MAF. Anyone?? Thanks in advance..

Nathan

·
Registered
151 Posts
The JT takes the same bracket as the SQ,S, and SC Trim.The only extra cost over a std kit is the head unit itself.Some spacing is required to align the belt/pullies.:cool:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The JT trim bolted right up to my Strim setup without any modifications.

I think someone has a Strim bracket 4 sale in the parts area of this forum..

Tim

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking for the mounting brackets and all for a 99 Cobra. Didnt you guys say you could buy just the headunit for around $2100?

Nathan

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tim. You wouldnt happen to have is e-mail address? Is it going to be crazy to run this blower at around 12psi to start with. I want a blower to grow with the car and this seems like the best choice. I have found one of these for sale used at what seems to be a decent price. I am not much into buying used but it only has around 15 passes on it and has custom brackets, Vortec race bypass, all lines and tubing etc.. Just getting some advice. Thanks in advance.

Nathan green

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nathan I got mine form a guy here in town named Bill Mullins which is almost through with his SSO NMRA 4.6 Cobra which just made 1714 hp . I bought my JT-trim from him with less than 50 miles on it with a Mondo bypass valve for $1300

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You must have dug deep for this one Brian...this was from a year ago...Nathan has since bought a '03 Cobra. But holy :turd 1714 hp!!! Can't wait for this season its going to be awesome.

Ashley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts