Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size pulley on a Jt-trim would give me about 20lbs of boost I am new to the Jt-trim and have many questions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will be purchasing a jt-trim in a little bit and will be running a 3.125 blower pulley with a bigger crank pulley. My goal eventually is 25psi. That is what I am starting with though.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see i am still on a stock shortblock so only want to go to about 20lbs, I think the 3.125 alone would be able to accomplish that. What are you using for pullies an 8 or 6rib?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Go ahead with the 8-rib Reichard 3.12 pulley! I am still running the stock computer.

·
Registered
885 Posts
96blkcobra said:
Go ahead with the 8-rib Reichard 3.12 pulley! I am still running the stock computer.
jim has not made any 8 rib 3.1" vortech pulleys yet. i tried getting one last week. i had to settle for a 3.0" 8 rib pulley.

·
Registered
207 Posts
bryan manduley said:
jim has not made any 8 rib 3.1" vortech pulleys yet. i tried getting one last week. i had to settle for a 3.0" 8 rib pulley.
Chad has one, I've seen it!!!! LOL :evil

Slovobra--

I hope you plan on building your motor soon, as we put a D1 SC on a stock 97 4V motor and it lasted about 2 days before all the rods bent...It pushed about 20lbs through the motor on the STOCK pulley :shocked :shocked

You can get the rest of the 8 rib pullies off a F150 truck..including the tensioner...Try the junkyard first and then your ford dealer...

Jeff

·
Registered
207 Posts
SloVobra said:
where can I find the rest of the 8-rib setup? and what would I have to do cause I run no a/c?
One more thing dude, are you running the A/C eliminator kit from FMS??? If so, I have a custom ASP 8 rib idler pulley that goes on the Ford Motorsport A/C eliminator kit...It was custom made for the FMS setup...I'll sell it to you for $80....Its brand new in the box...

Jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually the car pushes 20 now its tuned by lidio, right now where gonna try to be the fastest stock longblock car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh and motor is definately next trust me I already have one being built just want to see how far I can go. I mean the car is stock trans, stock rear end except for a 4.30 and it went 10.80 with a very moderate tune, do I will do the same with the Jt-trim, lidio in my eyes is the shit with these cars. The only thing am debating is the eight rib set-up I think I want to try it with a 6rib first I dont know.

·
Registered
885 Posts
BlackCobra99Va said:
Chad has one, I've seen it!!!! LOL :evil

Slovobra--

I hope you plan on building your motor soon, as we put a D1 SC on a stock 97 4V motor and it lasted about 2 days before all the rods bent...It pushed about 20lbs through the motor on the STOCK pulley :shocked :shocked

You can get the rest of the 8 rib pullies off a F150 truck..including the tensioner...Try the junkyard first and then your ford dealer...

Jeff
jeff,
i thought chad was running a 2.95" 8 rib, reichard pulley?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
black cobra i'll take it where do you live, I need that pulley thats the only one I was really worried about, does the 8rib crank pulley match up to my stock 6rib is it the same diameter??

·
Registered
885 Posts
SloVobra said:
oh and motor is definately next trust me I already have one being built just want to see how far I can go. I mean the car is stock trans, stock rear end except for a 4.30 and it went 10.80 with a very moderate tune, do I will do the same with the Jt-trim, lidio in my eyes is the shit with these cars. The only thing am debating is the eight rib set-up I think I want to try it with a 6rib first I dont know.
slovobra,
i have a 6 rib 3.3" and 3.1" reichard racing pulley i can sell you. and, i also have 6 rib ati balancer i can sell you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
bryan, I thought chad had the 3.12 on there, I may be wrong then....I'm almost 99% sure its a 3.12 though...makes about 20lbs or so on my motor :evil :evil

Slovobra---Yeah Lidio is the man, he's helped me out alot in the past 4 years :D Good luck with your project....

I'm in northern va, outside of D.C... you can shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can work out the details...I take paypal at that address too....Its the same diameter as the 6 rib A/C eliminator pulley that FMS sells...It has the nice bearing in the pulley too, nice piece from ASP....It will slip right onto the FMS eliminator kit with no issues...Yeah, I had it custom made, cause that was the only 8 rib piece I needed...

thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
207 Posts
Slovobra--

One more thing, about the crank pulley...Get a SFI 8 rib balancer from INnovators West...They are NICE pieces and get the oversize one, I believe its a 7" version...I know they were working on a 7 1/4" version as well, but you have to grind off some of the front cover and the timing marks with that big of a crank pulley...Stock diameter on the 6 rib crank pulley is 6.75", so you will want at least a 7" crank pulley to allow you to get better belt wrap and more boost too :evil :evil

Jeff

·
Registered
137 Posts
What mods are done to the longblock and what did the car dyno ?

Have you weighed the car ?

take care

Brian Bradford
98 Cobra
603rwhp/499 rwtq
Stock longblock intake to oil pan
10.46 @ 133 with a 6.71 in the 1/8
Best 1/8 6.52 @ 106 and blew the clutch out again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my car is a 97 its is absolutely untounched not even a throttle body

552rwhp/420rwtq
I do have alot less suspension than you though I have stock k-member, etc. car weighed about 3450 with me in it
best 1/4 mile was a [email protected] with a 1.67 60ft. car doesn't like to hook I currently am working on the suspension a great deal to try and get a 60ft of 1.4-1.50s by the mph etc car should run about the same as yours, I would lthink your car would be alot faster than a 10.49 you weigh a hell of a lot less than i do and 50 more rwhp, do you have a safe tune on the car?

·
Registered
137 Posts
My car weighs 3552 lbs , seems you have done some weight reduction ? What was you 1/8 ET and MPH ?Temperature,Barometric Pressure and humidity . On the pass when it ran a 10.46 it was making 558 rwhp and 445 rwtq, the temp was 81 degrees,68 percent humidity,30.02 Barametric pressure . It sucks down in the south

On my best 1/8 mile pass my clutch exploded in fourth gear and it ran a 6.52 @ 106 in the 1/8 which equates to a 10.20 or so pass @ 137-138 range , I was running the SPEC stage 3 clutch with heavy ass TKO tranny

a/f is under 12.0 through 7000 then starts to lean out

We are in the process of putting a PA Supercomp C4 in it now and looking for 9.90-10.10's if the stock motor holds up. The car has over 300 passes on it and 97 10 second passes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts