Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 GT.
Just sold my '93 Coupe in favor of an '02 GT.
The urge to turn my notch into a drag car was getting too tempting, and it would leave me without a car to drive daily.
So, since I needed a daily driver, I went and sold the '93 and just picked up a 2002 GT (5spd). It was traded into my dealership and so I got a great deal on it. Looking forward to continuing my 'addiction' with this car, only now I have to learn when to STOP modding to keep the car streetable.

Plans include:
Magnaflow Catback
4.10 Gear
JMS Chip
Pro 5.0
Eventually, a build bottom end and Procharger will see the car (Setup similar to Jim V's), but thats a ways down the road.

·
Registered
115 Posts
don't mean to be rude, mean or anything along those lines. but you say you eventually want a similar set up as Jimmy V's ride. well you also say you sold your 93 and want to keep this 02 streetable.....Now correct me if I am wrong but Jimmy V's GT is exactly the most streetable of combos any more. Just something to keep in mind. yes it makes great power but for a streetable car its probably a bit much.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Jimmy's car is as streetable as any.He has overdrive and all the creature comforts..His is actually something to strive for.

Tim

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Good luck with your new ride. I had an old 93 myself and it's just so much more fun in the newer ones. How do you like it compared to your fox body?

Razor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In comparison to the 1993....total night and day difference.
The old car had creeks, squeeks and rattles. This new one is very SOLID. You shut the door and it doesn't sound like the whole side of the car is going to fall off. The Mach460 sound is very nice along with the 6 disc in-dash changer. Sure beats the stock '93 stereo. Overall, I've been VERY impressed with this new Mustang. All my friends have LS1 or LT1 F-Bodies, and after taking one of them for a ride, all he could comment on was how well the fit/finish of the interior was. They also sit higher up then an F-Body....which I prefer.

As far as Jimmy V's car goes, well it seems damn streetable to me.
Of course, your definition of 'streetable' may not be the same as mine. Sure he makes a lot of power and goes good, but he still retains A/C, full interior, etc. Every 'race car' I've built/driven was relatively 'gutted' in comparison (no A/C, no rearseats, very few power options). I see no reason why a car like Jimmy V's couldn't be driven on a daily basis (assuming there's no snow/rain on the groud), with a set of radials.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I loved my 93' Notch. Wished I never got rid of it. I would have a drag car by now!

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
TruBlu01 said:
I loved my 93' Notch. Wished I never got rid of it. I would have a drag car by now!
Excellent looking True Blue GT you have there.;) Nice website as well.

Razor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts