Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when I came home from work today I had a nice big box waiting for me, it was my Rear Seat Delete Kit. It took about a week and half to get but it seems to be worth it. Once I install it I will post pics of it asap. :D
Matt

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Matt i can't wait to see it in person.
It should take 30lbs off the back...
a little after holidays diet and you can take 30 more off the front.:D :lol :shootbird

Couldn't resist

jim v.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lolol.,.You got me on that one Jimmy.,.lol,.but hey how can I take 30 more pounds off the front with all the pizza you and Rick always get for us on Dyno days. there goes my weight reduction.,.lol
Matt

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys, sorry i didn't get back to you right away, yes it is aluminum. I will put pics up as soon as everything is done.
Matt

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL,.Sorry Adam i am trying, you guys will have to give me some time. Weather in Rockland sucks right now, every car around here is covered in salt and we are getting snow again tomorrow. As far as the weight goes OX, not to sure how much it weighs. I can check for you tonight when I get home from work. I bought it from yellowmustangregistry.com I got it for $140 and free shipping. that was during the holiday special they had, not sure if they still have it. here is the link to the site.
Matt

http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/Merchandise.htm

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i stand corrected, it is not aluminum, but it is actually PLYWood. Sorry about that guys.

Matt :smash

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Hey guys, this is my first time posting over on this forum. Seems like a nice website. I'm a moderator over on Stangnet so I spend a great deal of time over there.

Anyway, I'm the one who sold Matt his rear seat delete kit. Just wanted to clarify these are made of 1/8" thick Hardboard, not plywood. Drops 37 lbs off of the coupes (12lb from the convertible). They have a hinged bottom to expose the hidden storage area underneath. I build and sell these through my website over on YellowMustangRegistry.com. I can post more pics if interested.

Here's a couple pics to hold you off until Matt gets his posted. ;) This is the Dark Charcoal version that is in the 03 Cobras.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey steve glad you made it over to the site. Those pics look sweet. thank you for clearing everything up. Welcome aboard.
Matt:)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does it come with sound deadening? Is there an option to order without sound deadening? Does it allow for access to the trunk as well? If not, perhaps a new design that will allow for trunk access (important to many, including myself)?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
A.) Nitrous bottle does not come with kits. LOL
B.) Carpet comes in 3 colors, Dark Charcoal, Black, and Parchment (Tan)
C.) Back panel can be folded down with the removal of two factory clips that hold the unit in place up top. It's not designed to easily fold down for this, but if you know you are going to carry something, you pop out the 2 clips, and pull it down. I've done it several times to carry long items.
D.) No fox body kits as of yet. Just the 94up for now. We plan to add the fox kits later on, but it will be awhile.

Hope that helps.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
sound...

Oh, and sound deadening is not built onto the kit. But there is a piece of sound dampening material in the cubby holes under the seat that can stay in place to help with noise. Noise only increases MINIMALLY. If you desire extra dampening, you can place cloth, or other material under the lid to quiet the ride.

But seriously, it is very minimal.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts