Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WhooHoooo Man I just got done installing the performance tune and WOW it's really a noticeable change to the SOTP meter. This is a really neat product, the installation was a breeze, "Key On", "Key Off", "Key On", "Key Off". The car ran just smooth as could be and then at WOT she just noticeably pushed the front of the car up and just screamed. Haven't had a chance to datalog or anything else, but I can say the canned Performance tune that comes with this thing is the real deal. I feel like I've got that dumb a$$ grin on my face again like the first time I rode in the 03.

:)

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
King03Cobra said:
...I can say the canned Performance tune that comes with this thing is the real deal.
That pretty much sums it up! There is no doubt about it; the Predator IS the real deal!

CONGRATS on your enjoyment, happiness, and progress with your Cobra!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks James and keep up the good work, it has been a great experience dealing with your company. Hey when do you think the PC software to view the datalogged results will be available from DiabloSport ?

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
King03Cobra said:
Thanks James and keep up the good work, it has been a great experience dealing with your company. Hey when do you think the PC software to view the datalogged results will be available from DiabloSport ?
You're very welcome!

I'm hoping within the next couple to few weeks. We'll see, so lets keep our fingers crossed! ;)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Quick Question ?? I am sure the answer is on the website but can't find it.

I have the KB Chip installed runs very well ! Will the Predator work thru the OBD with this Chip or do you have to take Chip out of the J3 port all together. And If I remove the Chip can I flash the Predator with my Chip Tune and alter Timing, Fuel, etc from there.

Sorry if this has been ask just need it cleared up !

Thanks,

Jon L :)

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Dustoff said:
I have the KB Chip installed runs very well ! Will the Predator work thru the OBD with this Chip or do you have to take Chip out of the J3 port all together.
Jon, hello sir, and thank you for your post and questions.

If you have the switch chip from KB (or those who have the Deltachip), you can still use the chip, but you will have to have it in the OFF position in order for the new calibration to take affect, that would be installed by the Predator onto your pcm. You can have the best of both worlds, meaning still have the ability to flip the chip to the ON position and override the Predator's programming on the pcm (since the J3 port takes precedence), and you could switch the chip OFF and then use the Predator's programming.

And If I remove the Chip can I flash the Predator with my Chip Tune and alter Timing, Fuel, etc from there.
We'd have to build you a new Predator tune, because that is KB's personal tune, and it would be unethical for us to use their tune in that manner.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely...

·
Registered
449 Posts
when you hookup the predator does it come on by itself. i have'nt install in yet.

·
Registered
449 Posts
does the key need to be on.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
hawkls1 said:
does the key need to be on.
Not just to power it up, as the vehicle's port always has constant power supplied to it. To do any diagnostics you would need the key on, and the tuning part prompts you when to cycle the key on/off.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely...

·
Registered
449 Posts
thank.the directions are not the specific.will be install it tomorrow

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
hawkls1 said:
thank.the directions are not the specific.will be install it tomorrow
On page 3 of the directions it will explain the steps to install the tuning. If you have any concerns, call your dealer for assistance and they will help you, or if I'm your dealer, please give me a call at your convenience.

Once you plug it up, you will see and understand just how easy it is to tune with the Predator :)

Kind Regards...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the dealer able to tell that the predator was used if you need to take it in for warranty work ??

Jeff B.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
viperbsd said:
Is the dealer able to tell that the predator was used if you need to take it in for warranty work ??
Jeff, hello sir, and thanks for the post.

No, the dealer can't tell that you used the Predator, although it is always advisable to return to the factory calibration before you go in for any warranty work. You should always use caution regardless of what tuning device you use, and possibly talk with your dealer if you feel that you may be denied warranty work for using such a tool.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick response I will have to look into this tool as it sounds great :) BTW is this in any way close to what Steeda does with their tech transfer program that I had in my supercharged GT ?? Sorry for all the questions it is just that I am very interested in this and want to try to get all the details before I buy.

Jeff B.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
viperbsd said:
Thanks for the quick response I will have to look into this tool as it sounds great :) BTW is this in any way close to what Steeda does with their tech transfer program that I had in my supercharged GT ?? Sorry for all the questions it is just that I am very interested in this and want to try to get all the details before I buy.
Jeff, I'm not too familiar with Steeda's tech transfer program that you mention, but if it has anything to do with flashing the pcm, and I would assume it does, then yes, it programs via the same method (flash technology), but of course the tuning is DiabloSport tuning.

I hope this helps! I'm here if you need anything.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
155 Posts
predator P0420 &P0430

I used the predator to turn off my 02s. I'm Still getting P0420 &0430 efficiency lean bank 1&2.

Whats up I thought that was all turned off?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Will DiabloSport make a update so that the Predator can hold mutiple tunes ? This would be a huge option.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Good Lord this thread was revived from the ancient days, LOL!

03yellow said:
I used the predator to turn off my 02s. I'm Still getting P0420 &0430 efficiency lean bank 1&2.

Whats up I thought that was all turned off?
I replied to your post on my support website, sir.

BEATNGU said:
Will DiabloSport make a update so that the Predator can hold mutiple tunes ? This would be a huge option.
Yes, although I'm not positive about exactly when it will be released, but it is coming. It will hold up to 4 tunes, if not more, when the new upgrade is available. Again, I do not know when this will be ready.

Kind Regards,

James

1 - 20 of 22 Posts