Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up. My new setup is going in within the next few weeks. Im estimating that i will be making somewhere in the 400-450 rwhp range. Am i going to run into any ignition problems at that power level? I plan on upping the boost after i get it running right. I am looking to be @ or above the 500rwhp mark. Am i going to need an MSD, or a Boost-a-spark? What do you guys recommend for that power level?

Also my current fuel system consists of 42's, Walbro 255lph intank, and an inline pump. Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yo Dave....

....'wasz up? welcome aboard:)

I've had great luck wth my MSD Dis 4 HO...I also need 2 of ther tach adapters(#8912) for it to work on my 1996 Gt... its mounted to a brkt in the engine bay where my battery used to be...install took @2hrs.

Randy

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm i was under the assumption that i wouldnt need a tach adapter. Dam more $$$:mad: I was considering moving my battery to the trunk so the old battery location seems like a good spot to mount :D What about coil packs? leave stock or upgrade that as well?

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Randy the part # for the tach adapter you have. Who makes it and where is the best place to purchase from? I checked summit for the DIS 4 HO its $331. I will prob buy soon. Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
108 Posts
tach adapters...

...Dave, I'm pert/sure the part # is 8912, you will need 2 of them, they are made by MSD & I got mine from summitt and were @$50.00 each.

Randy

·
Registered
289 Posts
Since we are on the subject of ignitions I don't suppose anyone knows of a way to use a single Dis-4 and two tach adapters on a C.O.P. 99 up car? Jade Performance was rumored to have a harness to do this but they don't answer emails or phones plus with thier recent problems I wouldn't bother with them.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts