Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a set of 2 315/35 R17 Nitto 555R DR's to put on my stock rear wheels for my cobra! Cant wait to get them. I ordered them for $390 total (free shipping) on www.discounttiredirect.com. I thought the price was pretty good, but now you guys will probably post a bunch of places with a lower price just to make me feel good :rolling: Anyways, I'm probably gonna put these tires on myself. Does anyone have any tips or cautions that I should know about before I do this? I have heard on some cases of the tires rubbing against the IRS bolt when you lower the car back down, but once its lowered its fine? Any advice? Tthanks.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Just ordered mine from there,,Jason ext 433
$319 shipping included..SVTOA Discount..

1-800-589-6789 ext 433 (JASON)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I have them on my stock rims at 26psi and I haven't had any rubbing issues. I have over 2K miles on mine and they still look new and grip like crazy. Have fun they are awesome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nitto DR's

Jim V,
Thanks for the Nitto help. Just ordered a set from Jason,320.00 to my door. BTW I got the last set from the Columbus warehouse.
Thanks, Guy

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Re: Nitto DR's

guywwagner said:
Jim V,
Thanks for the Nitto help. Just ordered a set from Jason,320.00 to my door. BTW I got the last set from the Columbus warehouse.
Thanks, Guy
You are very welcome:D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Jim,

I bought mine from a Discount Tire store in November. 8-9k miles, 40-50 burnouts and they are just now looking like they'll need replacement in June. I bought the road hazard warranty, so total cost was about $410. Good thing I did, though. I picked up a drywall screw at about 200 miles in, right on the edge of the tread. Replacement cost: $32 for the warranty on the new tire.

I've found them to be pretty sticky, once they get warm. Also, ask to have them heat cycled. They put the tires in a fixture and heat them up, then cool them off a few times, makes the tires last longer and respond to burnouts better. No charge, just a wait for the service.

SVTOA member discounts are cool stuff, I'm sure I saved the $40 I'll spend on it this year in the last 11 months buying toys for the car.

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any noticable difference while cornering?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Redfire2003Cobr said:
Great question..

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Redfire2003Cobr said:
I have 315 DRs on stock rims with full MM suspension except k-member and my car handles awesome. I really have to push it to get drift and even then it is completely controlled let off and it comes right back. Still have stock F1s on the front. After 2K miles on them I am extremely satisfied with their performance they have great handling and traction characteristics.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Redfire2003Cobr said:
I drive a steep, twisty canyon 2-4 times a week on the way home from work. I occasionally get in there alone and get to push it. No problems with the rear getting loose.

I generally try to drive into the corner, stab the brakes and then apply throttle to set the suspension coming out of the corner. 1 turn is too steep and tight for that. I have to drag the brakes from 50 yards out, and then crank the wheel hard. Never a bit nervous doing it, either. the canyon is a good 6-7 miles from work, so the tires are warm.

I run about 26 lbs in the rear, 32 lbs in the front. I'll get a pic of the turn with the 10 MPH warning sign, the canyon is a hoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts