Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All---

I just got back from picking up a brand new black 03 Cobra coupe :)) I figured I would trade in my 01 lightning and go for it :D

I already have a call into BDS for a nice, polished 1471 Blower head unit!!!! I'm gonna keep the stock tranny and IRS and bolt the 1471 on and also probably keep the stock fuel system....I figure with a 90% mixture of Nitro, I'll be good to go otherwise!!!! 35lbs of boost, stock block and all!!!!!!!!!

I figure I can squeeze some 35X17's in the back too without much of a problem!!!!

Top Fuel Here I come, lets hope the 03 motor holds up!!!! Why go Kenne Bell when you can have a 1471 staring at you!!!! LMAO :shootbird

Jeff

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Welcome to the 03 Cobra club Jeff!!! That sounds awesome. Keep us posted.

gary

·
Registered
438 Posts
Major congrats Jeff!!! But, why in the hell did u get a black one?

You know I have one of those.

I like everything you are planning but am concerned about the tire size selection. Hate to have to see you roll the fenders already. Who knows?? The may work!!!!

Ben

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
I know yer not serious about the stock fuel system and the IRS..................just keep us posted on this project. I think we are all VERY interested in this 1471 Nitro deal.

gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man, that will sho'll nuff be Dy-No-MITE
Could you take some pictures of that bad mutha fonka? You musta gots a set uh nuttses on you liken a Haww's

·
Registered
204 Posts
MAN that sounds AWESOME. I would love to see a big old 1471 sticking out of the hood!!! WOULD BE SWEET!!. You need to intercool it, I was thinking a water-to-air-to-water aftercooler would suffice. You gonna use Hilborn injection? we want pics!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts