Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody done it yet??

INPUT?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
I know Nitrous Pete did the K member...I dont think he did coil/overs yet..

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
I like the Coil overs but have second thoughts about K member on Street car

G

·
Eric Brooks said:
I've seen several pics online of tubular K-members in street cars breaking. Maybe ok for a weekend warrior, but not a daily driver.
Dont worry...I wont be doing that..shoot...even a rollcage is out of the question to me. I just cant do that to my baby.

Harry

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
I've seen several pics online of tubular K-members in street cars breaking. Maybe ok for a weekend warrior, but not a daily driver.
Don't buy the cheap drag k-members and you shouldn't have a problem. If you want a daily driver use Griggs or Maximum Motorsports. I have full MM suspension except for the K-member which I am getting ready to do the Griggs. I do have coil-overs front and rear that are race spec.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I put a Griggs K, A arms, coilovers, Griggs CC plates on a 98 Cobra with blown SHM engine. It moved front wheels forward one inch and out about 1/8" on each side. Took about 65 lbs off nose of car. Drove great. I could get almost 10 degrees + caster as I recall.

However, it was all metel to metal contact, and had a tendancy to creak and groan a tad until hot, and I was never real comfortable with loading up the strut towers that much, especially since they were not designed for that.

My personal opinion is it's good for race cars (both RR and drag), but a little much for normal street use. I wouldn't do it again for a street car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a tubular k member in mine I drive it all the time and race it all the time I mean ALL THE TIME. I have lakewood 90 10's on coilovers everything from upr love it best thing I ever did. hell it hade headers a hell of a lot easier:king

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the Coil overs but have second thoughts about K member on Street car
Hey Jim,
Any time you want to take my car for a nice long ride to get the feel of it. Just say the word. Most road races from what I see go with Griggs or MM K-members. IMO what these road racers do to there cars and the extremes they put the cars through, I have no worries about driving my car on the streets of New York. These two companies have a proven track record of reliability.

Rob

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rob,, Driving your car i could not even tell if it had K member or not..
My concers with K member on Street driven car is front end impact..I put a lot of miles on my car and make long trips..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Aaaaaaa... Then stick with the stock K-member. It will serve you better in that respect. There is no doubt about it that the Ford K-member is designed to absorb the energy and fold from any type of head on impact.

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts