Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking into this topic I have narrowed down that the two best are QA1 and D&D...anyone have these and want to comment on fitment issues or quality....thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have the QA-1 and it bolted right up.My longtubes cleared it with plenty of room.I kept the factory A arms because I run Moroso springs.I did not want coil overs for my particular use.

Tim

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have heard that Maximum Motorsports or Griggs are the way to go, but they are so expensive. I have heard mixed comments about the D&D K member. Since it costs half as much as the others, I am willing to give it a try. The shop that helps me out with parts and installs have the D&D setup on their 2000 GT shop car. The owner drives it daily and says that it is a pretty good setup, although he likes the MM K member more.

Derrick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Derrick, Just remember when you are buying items like coil-overs & tubular k-members, you get what you pay for. Ususally the higher $$$ parts fit better due to better R&D. Personnaly I prefer the Griggs & the Maximum Motorsports. I am going to be installing one of them hopefully by next summer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Actually I was just quoted a price for the Griggs setup and it looks great. I am about to purchase the entire GR-40 system front and rear. Like I stated above, Griggs and MM are they way to go, it's just the price that was putting me off. Now, with the price I am getting, looks like it will be Griggs for me! :D

Derrick

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the D&D k-member, D&D tubular A-arms and the coil over kit. I had no fitment issues with longtubes or anything else for that matter. Car lost alot of weight off the front end. IMO good mod to do. Let me know I can take some pics this weekend after I pull motor on car so you can see how it looks in the car.

Alain

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tim
Kind of a long story. I got on the car hard and I blew a headgasket. I have a couple ideas on what happened but will find out this weekend. I think I may have confused my street tune and race tune but don't know yet. Could also be the fact that I cut down some 5.0 dowl pins for the heads and maybe left them a tad to long and heads didn't seat. Either way dumbass mistake. I had no choice but to drive the car for about 1/4 mile or so to nearest service station so don't know what other damage(bearings) might have caused. Don't think anything major but will know this weekend.

Alain

Cobra Killer said:
Alan,
Why are you pulling the motor?It isnt hurt is it?

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts