Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you have to pull the motor to change it????if someone can give me a play by play that would be sweet thanks...

·
Registered
692 Posts
No, but you do need some type of support to hold up the motor while you do change it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm doing it next weekend. I did have it off for the longtube install and that took a totla of 3 hours, so if you know what's up then should take no longer than 2 hours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok kool i have a 96 GT and looking to get it in to the 12's if you can help me out by telling me some stuff to get that would be great..thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you want to stay N/A, your not gonna do it with out the PI Swap. Then Pullies, T/A, 4.10/4.30, LCA's, Springs, Longtubes, Offroad X pipe, struts, clutch, aluminum D/S and loose as much weight as you can on the car. As long as you practice there is no reason that combo cannot put you in the 12's on slicks, possibly DR's.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Your still restricted by the heads. Spend that money on heads first, then save up for a N.O.S. kit. Your still gonna be disapointed even on the bottle with those heads. Seriously the biggest improvment you can do to your car is PI heads.

·
Registered
885 Posts
TruBlu01 said:
No, but you do need some type of support to hold up the motor while you do change it.
I simply utilized my MM strut-tower brace when I did mine last weekend, but if you don't have a stb, this is the necessary tool:

Engine Support

·
Registered
885 Posts
nasty sn95 said:
hey Angus how did you do that???
I forgot to take pictures, but I simply wrapped a sturdy chain around the strut tower brace, and then bolted the chain to each cylinder head.
This provided ample support while the K-members were swapped.
Don't know if all STB's would be strong-enough though - the MM brace is pretty damn beefy.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well did mine this past Sunday, it was pretty cool. I supported the stock K member with a jack and 2x4 and lowered the K with 2 other jacks. The new one lined up great with longtubes and all. Took about 5 hours taking our time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts