Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried K&N oil filter for our 03 Cobra. I believe there like 9.95 each filter. Or is it just a waste of money to buy those filters compare to the motorcraft filter that comes factory with our cars. If someone has tried or is still using K & N oil filters list if any problems or no problems at all.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
FL820S only for me. It's a good filter and it's cheap. I'd be concerned with the bypass spring pressure with any "other" filter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the k&N gold perfomance filter on both my cobra and my truck. I've had no prob whatsoever. But then again how bad can an oil filter really function?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've been using K&Ns with my Amsoil for a while now.. no issues, I change oil every 3500 miles. I put some mileage on her so I change it a lot. K&N makes a nice filter, there was some test done about all the filters and how they're all made by the same people.. the K&N did well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. I already ordered the K&N oil filters and should get them by Monday.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I was about to ask if I was wasting my money on the same question then I found this thread.
I been using the HP-2010 PerformanceGold oil filter with every oil change.
I pay $11.88 each for them :blink:
The car runs great so they arent a bad thing the question is will the $4.00 filters work just as good? I also use Redline 5-20

·
Registered
88 Posts
K&N oil filter=waste o' $$.

The motorcraft part is basically the same filter as the Puralotor Pure One filter, which is quite good.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
For the average driver most good oil filters will work just fine. For racing or extreme driving a K&N (or similar) will give you more protection. I always used Motorcraft, Mobil 1 or Amsoil filters. Never had a problem. Don't, however, ever use Fram filters. JUNK! At least the orange ones are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts