Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cobra Killer will be doing my motor the end of the summer and I wanted to know what would be better. The KB will be released in a month. They are taking orders now. Production is complete. I wanna make 450-500rwhp. It's a tough decision as I know they are different types. I currently have the saleen blower so I'm used to the torque. I know they are apples and oranges but it's a tough decision. Also, would you do 9.0:1 compression for both on a 2v motor or something else for the KB blower. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm leaning towards the KB myself. The thought of all the torque for my mainly street driven stang is very apealing. My car has a torque arm and coilovers so getting all that torque to the ground would make for a very fun ride. :jawdrop

·
Registered
182 Posts
Brian, tough choice. I keep seeing those '03 KB Cobra's wondering what they would do on a properly setup 2V.

I still have a feeling power-wise the Prochager will make more, but the powerband will probably be better on the KB

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
PROCHARGER

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Vortech with 9 to 1 .Numbers in sig

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
white99gt said:
Vortech with 9 to 1 .Numbers in sig
That's a nice setup...(STREET AND STRIP):D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
That's a nice setup...(STREET AND STRIP):D
coming from you thats a nice pat on the back :D .

Nothing close to yours or cobra killers but its pretty nice on the street.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope to be right there with you by the winter white99gt.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
b1nyc said:
I hope to be right there with you by the winter white99gt.
you gonna have to push harder,i got a retune coming july 5th ,more boost ,more fuel (30's maxed on break in tune @ 5900 rpms).
HEHE didnt even have a powerpipe on for that tune :evil .
Hope to see you up here ,its fun not many gms can pick on you up here:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll see you by the end of summer at Tim's shop.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you really want some thing fun put a little T-76 on there!:jawdrop .I just happen to have a nicely polished Brand New one waiting for a new home.I went to a GTB 88mm before I ever used the thing.
Kaz................. :shocked

·
Registered
810 Posts
white99gt, 9 TO 1 with what Vortech blower, are you running a intercooler? Over the weekend I finished the install on my Novi 2000, so far so good. Im running JE dished pistons about 9.25 to 1. I didnt want to loose too much compression off boost so the car would still feel fun . The trick will be on tuning it ? Hope to have similar #s to yours , sounds like a great set up.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
281blwngt said:
white99gt, 9 TO 1 with what Vortech blower, are you running a intercooler? Over the weekend I finished the install on my Novi 2000, so far so good. Im running JE dished pistons about 9.25 to 1. I didnt want to loose too much compression off boost so the car would still feel fun . The trick will be on tuning it ? Hope to have similar #s to yours , sounds like a great set up.
Nope no intercooler and pump gas. S-trim for now and possibly a jt trim this winter :evil .

My numbers are low for my combo.I only had 30 's in it and a 80mm lmaf ,with a 3.33 pulley, no power pipe.

Like you said the trick is in the tune :D

I have a retune with 42's and a powerpipe coming up in two weeks.Then we will see what she does at over 6k with more fuel and boost:jawdrop

·
Registered
810 Posts
Man those are awesome #s, I originally ordered a JT Trim but I got tired of waiting for it , The Novi was easier to get , flow #s sould be about the same so I didn't mind to much. Im running a frt mount air to air intercooler, and Im changing my fuel system to a return style. If my injectors ever get here Ill start to tune it with the stock pulley and buzz the motor to about 6500 see what happens?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
281blwngt said:
Man those are awesome #s, I originally ordered a JT Trim but I got tired of waiting for it , The Novi was easier to get , flow #s sould be about the same so I didn't mind to much. Im running a frt mount air to air intercooler, and Im changing my fuel system to a return style. If my injectors ever get here Ill start to tune it with the stock pulley and buzz the motor to about 6500 see what happens?
Why change the fuel system to return style?The 03 cobra setup(which i have) ,is the best setup for any street car.

Everyone says my 03 setup should be good to my 550rwhp goals.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yea , I ve had that set up since i bought my car new last year ,its good up to 550hp but the only way to tune the car is on a dyno. When you go to the track weather conditions can very so what you tune on the dyno might not be the best for the conditions that day. On a cold day you can be to lean and hurt something. Ive welded egt probes from ARC to my leanest two primaries on each bank to monitor temp. And with a return style you can adjust fuel pressure yourself w/out haveing to redo a chip. I can also add or take away timeing. This way depending on the conditions Ill always be safe . For now Ill run my Cobra set up until I crank up the boost.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i say procharger. thats because i have one.

mike

1 - 20 of 32 Posts