Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have. I had to take off my CAI and choke the intake. So, what is the replacement to go with, if anyone has replaced yet? Woohoo, more stuff to buy!

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Stock
2. 533 hp @ 13 psi
3. A/F between 10.5 - 11:1

I pegged mine in the 5000's somewhere with the Densecharger CAI. I put on the stock airbox with a K&N to choke it up a bit, it now pegs at 6200.

I talked with Scott from Pro-M during WFC. They do have a MAF that is available. Unfortunatley, it costs $400. :eek:

·
Registered
511 Posts
The MAF seems to peg at 4700 RPM on the trucks, and I have yet to see anyone really come up with a solution to getting around it. There may be a true solution here very shortly...

·
Registered
140 Posts
i pegged mine..put a 92mm prom calibrated for 55lb inj and diablo did the tune based on that

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mike! Where did you pick up the Pro-M?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Perf. diesel has them in stock, 305 218 1486 - Alfrado
95 mm pro m.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Pete are you seeing a meaningful difference btween the Ford MAF and the Pro M, and are you still maxing out the Pro M?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
nitrous pete said:
Perf. diesel has them in stock, 305 218 1486 - Alfrado
95 mm pro m.
Pete does this mean you recommend going with the Pro-M 95 mm mass-air? What should these be calibrated to 55# injectors? I personnally would only use Pro-M for an aftermarket mass-air meter.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Mine's pegging too!

Solution in the works, looks very promising. Will post on it by the end of the week.

Sorry, can't say more now.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the club, Hammer!

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
What MAF will the GT use, I wonder... 500 HP stock.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
IWRBB said:
What MAF will the GT use, I wonder... 500 HP stock.
There is no way in the world that will come out and it is the 03 motor anyways isn't it. If that actually was to come out there will be some very upset SVT owners.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
toofast4u said:
There is no way in the world that will come out and it is the 03 motor anyways isn't it. If that actually was to come out there will be some very upset SVT owners.
It might. The way the HP wars are going, the current stock '03 motor will be about what the GT will need in 2005 to be competitive.

I'd love it! That would mean the '05 or '06 Cobra whatever year they get it out, would come with 600+!

JT

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Not a Mustang GT, the Ford GT, (was GT40). And that is getting built with 500 HP. 5.4 DOHC all aluminum with a blower.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
IWRBB said:
Not a Mustang GT, the Ford GT, (was GT40). And that is getting built with 500 HP. 5.4 DOHC all aluminum with a blower.
Right, I see the regular mustang GT getting th motor we have now, and versions of the GT 40 /lightning concept motor in the 2006 Cobra. The Cobra will be enough heavier that similar HP in both cars probably won't be a problem.

In any case the GT 40 /lightning concept moto should have a usable MAF for the KB cars, although I think the after market will have the problem solved by then.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts