Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Depending on how you drive you will get better gas mileage then stock. I usually get just over 20 mpg as long and I am not really beating on it. Which is really funny when you compare it to my wife’s 2002 MDX which only gets 15.9 mpg average.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I was wondering the same thing; since I have the KB with Alan Kennedy's #55 injectors. It didn't feel too bad on gas but I wanted to know how it compared to Eaton cars.

Well, JT and I rolled out to Dave King's Modular Shootout togather in our cars. We both filled up and topped off our cars and then drove hundreds of miles.

For an entire tank of gas, he was about 1/8th tank better than me when we pulled in to re-fuel. I was happy about that.

I don't know how this compares to a stock car, as JT and I are both running performance chips. Mine stays just fatter than 12:1 A/F across the board.

So the only info that I can offer is that the #55's don't really hurt gas mileage compared to the stock #42's.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Nice comparison Hammer, now thats a real world test.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
cobra4.6L said:
what has your gas milage been like since you switch to kenne bell?
I havent really checked for city driving but last road trip I did I got 25mpg when holding a pretty steady 75mph. Duruing a tank doing heavy accel/passing and high speed bursts mpg drops to 20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts