Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting the KB install today or tomorrow and would like to know a few things.
1st - Can anyone recommend any other tools needed other than whats listed in the instructions? Specialty or otherwise?
2nd - reading the instructions, it states that the stock boost gauge is rendered inoperable, where would be the best place to hook up an aftermarket guage, currently have it T'd into the same line used by stock guage.
3rd - Boost modulation. Did you guys perform this or did you leave it like it was stock.
4th - Fluids/coolant/oil - Instructions state to use 3 parts water/1 part coolant when refilling. Is this right? Any other fluids, oil ...etc will I need?
Sorry for all the questions but I have a tendancy to start a mod and not have everything I need to complete it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
03snake said:
Starting the KB install today or tomorrow and would like to know a few things.
1st - Can anyone recommend any other tools needed other than whats listed in the instructions? Specialty or otherwise?
2nd - reading the instructions, it states that the stock boost gauge is rendered inoperable, where would be the best place to hook up an aftermarket guage, currently have it T'd into the same line used by stock guage.
3rd - Boost modulation. Did you guys perform this or did you leave it like it was stock.
4th - Fluids/coolant/oil - Instructions state to use 3 parts water/1 part coolant when refilling. Is this right? Any other fluids, oil ...etc will I need?
Sorry for all the questions but I have a tendancy to start a mod and not have everything I need to complete it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
The factory hose that connects to the back of the eaton has a few small vac/pres lines running from it, one goes to stock boost gauge. It runs over to firewall in front of pass side. When the KB is installed the port it connects to only has vacuum so thats why gauge wont work. I simply pulled hose apart (1/8" if I remember) and capped off the end that ran to blower so there wasnt a leak. Then I used an adapter and ran a hose from open gauge end of line over to brass fitting on drivers side of the KB where boost is present and my factory gauge works again.

KB says the best coolant is water and why they recommend so much water. I live in MN where freezing is an issue so I run about 50/50 myself.

I have mine setup so it doesnt dump boost.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Don't forget to "peen" over the threads on the stud that the bypass valve linkage hooks to. Otherwise, it will unscrew, and you will probably need to remove the blower to fix.

Jon Lund (Dustoff) managed to fix it with the blower on the car, not sure how though.

See thread here, page 1 about 3/4 down
http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4152

JT

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys and links guys. Appreciate it. I had already taken brian's thread and copied it and put it with KB instructions. thansk again....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts