Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only issue was the idle. Need a stronger spring, but had been warned about it. No big deal. Dyno next, then Track!!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Awesome man! I really need to bite the bullet and do that. Hell if I can swap put a KB on the Lightning then I don't see why I couldn't do it on the Cobra. So who wants to buy me one>??? Are you using the KB chip or a tuners chip>??? If so who did you go with>??? Best of luck with it and let us know how you make out at the dyno and at the track! I love reading about these blowers. :) -Mat-

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Congrates

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys! Brian, your notes were a HUGE help man. I really appreciate it. Took the two of us, in no big hurry about 6 hours, start to finish. If I hadn't of had your notes, I could have seen at least a few more, if not more than that. Thanks again buddy I appreciate it. Will keep you guys informed on how it turns out. I drove to work tonight(yeah, I got an all nighter, will sleep tomorrow), I didn't get into boost, cause I feel I need to wait till I get it on the dyno. I'm running the same Chip I was running with the 2.8 upper, which was PIG RICH. I have Pete's chip for the 15lb pulley, but I figured since the chip I had was burned for 14+lbs, and was so rich, I could get away with it. I can tell there's something else there under the throttle, just by the way it feels, real touchy, like it's aching for me to hammer it. Patience---I think I can, I think I can......

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
congradulations bro!!! good luck and enjoy it!!!! :banggears

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Harry. Just had to drive one before DARYL!!!!LOL. Of course his car is going to be a beast!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Pete's number is 1-856-697-5254....better to call him at 9am eastern time. Hard to reach him much after that.

He will try and answer all your questions...get you a safe tune until you can get to a dyno ...and then send him the dyno results. He might be able to set your cars tune up better after he sees that.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look around. Most all of those vendors have gotten some amazing reluts with their KB tunes. Not aware of anybody on that list you can't trust. I will test both chips at the dyno, although Rick's chip wasn't tuned for the KB.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts