Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come home from a ride, may have gotten into a little boost, and was wondeing whre the spray comes from. Had some smoke coming from some oil dripping onto the manifold. Thanks for any hellp.....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Herman, I take it, it's pretty obvious from the small filter on the snout, when its spraying oil right. This is coming from somewhere on the drivers side and dripping down onto the manifold. Sounds like I have a different issue. Wonder if its something from the head swap last week.....

·
Registered
375 Posts
03snake said:
Wonder if its something from the head swap last week.....
Very possible. The head gasket could be leaking. That is a very common problem on the Lightnings I know. I hope that is not it though. -Mat-

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me either. Had it into boost with the Eaton for over a week after the head swap with no issues, although that doesn't mean anything......

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
it is possible bo.....check this too

the valve cover gaskets sometimes aren't in the grooves when installed......then they leak........feel around the edge of the cover to see if you have oil leaking there.....it's a much easier fix then, hope this helps, hermann:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Herman, I'll check that in the AM. That head was removed again after the swap to tighten an oil plug down. We'll see...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts