Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I have seen this discussed in different threads, but I figured I would try to get it all in on place.

I have placed my order for my KB and had a few questions.

I was curious how much HP you are making? What mods? and how much boost are you running?

Thanks in advance

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Good question Injector Dude, im interested in this as well, im just waiting to get a few more miles on my car and then let the mods begin.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Have not dynoed, but made 3 Cecil County runs. No traction !!

And a totally differnet car to learn how to drive !!

Look in Sig for Mods !! :D Based on one Run w/ terminal MPH of 126+ I must be making 550+ @RWs...

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Dustoff, few questions for you if ya dont mind.

When I hear the word boost-a-pump I think of an inline pump (such as what I had with my truck before I dumped for a bigger intank pump) but from reading the blurb at KB it sounds as if thier boost-a-pump does nothing but ups the power to the stock pump for more boost, is this correct or is theirs actually an inline pump as well and if it is, how noisy is it?

When you say magnaflow full system, do you have headers as well and are you running cats?

What are your impressions with the plasma booster, do you think it is superior to KB's "boost-a-spark"? I have the plasma booster on my blown truck but did fuel mods and upped boost at the same time so im not really sure what it did for me, guess thats what I get for being impatient :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
I will answer for Jon . the boost a pump is a voltage boost to the fuel pump, this increases fuel pressure , thus handles the extra power , NO add on pump.
nitro

·
Registered
863 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
Dustoff, few questions for you if ya dont mind.

When I hear the word boost-a-pump I think of an inline pump (such as what I had with my truck before I dumped for a bigger intank pump) but from reading the blurb at KB it sounds as if thier boost-a-pump does nothing but ups the power to the stock pump for more boost, is this correct or is theirs actually an inline pump as well and if it is, how noisy is it?

When you say magnaflow full system, do you have headers as well and are you running cats?

What are your impressions with the plasma booster, do you think it is superior to KB's "boost-a-spark"? I have the plasma booster on my blown truck but did fuel mods and upped boost at the same time so im not really sure what it did for me, guess thats what I get for being impatient :)
MagnaFlows are the X-pipe with Cats and the CatBack system. Stock exhaust manifolds !!

As far as the Plasma Booster. I am very pleased and noticed a smoother idle and slight midrange power increase. Have never used a KB boost-a-spark. i already had the plasma booster when I got the Kenne Bell blower.

Thanks,

JLL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts