Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was perusing the directions for the KB last night and saw mentioned something about a tool to remove the pulley? Is this a KB only part?

I also notice KB states to not use anyone else chip and also to run IT 20's with stock gap to 21 PSI(or was it 20PSI)....why so much difference between what KB recomends and whet we see recomended on the forums?

Also, since ya lose the stock boost gauge when putting the KN on, where are you guys taping in for the aftermarket boost gauge?

·
Registered
12 Posts
They have a bar with two pins that hold the pulley so you can tighten it to 59lbft of torque. I am not running the KB chip since I deal with Lidio @ Alternative Auto and he is the man. For manifold pressure signal you tap into the new line to the fuel rail sensor and thats it. Hope this helps!

BTW my KB didn't come with a pulley:shocked so I had to put it on myself.... and I didn't know about the tool until after they air frieghted the pulley. I did however figure out a way to tighten it: Use 2 3/16" drill bits and an 1-1/8th" open ended wrench....worked perfect...kinda scary but it worked.:cool:

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the dril bit idea does sound scary :).

How do ya torque it to 59ft/lbs if its just a bar with 2 pins?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
Thanks, the dril bit idea does sound scary :).

How do ya torque it to 59ft/lbs if its just a bar with 2 pins?
Well look at the pic...then imagine two drill bits in the holes on either side of the main allen bolt....now you just put the wrench which fits perfectly with the drill bits at an angle to where the pulley won't twist .....bingo torque away!

Attachments

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh, so the drill bits just hold the pulley from spinning while you use the alen to remove bolt :)

I broke down and ordered the tool, wish I would have known about it when I ordered the KB.

·
Registered
758 Posts
KB Pulley

The KB should come with a pulley. Who did you buy it from? There is a updated sheet to hook-up the boost gage. Call KB.

AMB

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: KB Pulley

AMB said:
The KB should come with a pulley. Who did you buy it from? There is a updated sheet to hook-up the boost gage. Call KB.

AMB
Thank you for stating the obvious:shocked , I bought it from KB and they had no explanation why I didn't get a pully and I quote "wow thats really weird". I figured if I'm making 25 psi why would I care if the stock boost gage worked?:cool:

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine does have the stock 9psi pulley on it but I got a 3" (ie 17psi as well). Needless to say stock gauge wont help me at 17psi either :) so I dont care much if guage works but I do want to hook up another.

·
Registered
12 Posts
03BlownCobra said:
StRacer....... Did you run that time in your sig. with the Kenne Bell?
Oh no that was last august....I had stock manifolds and cats....it made 455and 492 at the time. I have only had the KB on for a week..... I just stepped the boost up to 22 psi today however and may I say...... W O W.....hee hee I can't wait to get to the track ...or the dyno! KB is worth the money....just by the seat of the pants difference.... that and you will make your passenger VERY nervous :D

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
StRacer, are you running the KB chip or did you use someone else, if so, who's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts