Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, not to be rude or disrespectful, but where are the timeslips for all the KB guys??? I know the KB put down some serious numbers on the dyno, but what about the street? Is that power too much for the street? I am talking about the average car with the average driver, not the masters with the 9-second KB solid axle cars. I consider myself a very average driver, I am not a track nut, but I do like to wring it out on the street. I don't want to be stomped by some average car because I can't hold traction. There is a point where even a GOOD driver can't control this car on the street. C'mon guys, I am looking for opinions before I go and drop some serious coin on this car. I thought I was done after the pulley swap and tune.....now I am looking for more power. I want USABLE power, and I don't want to be a DYNO QUEEN either. Know that old joke....What's the difference between a 600hp, 700hp, and a 800hp Supra? They all have 11 second timeslips!!!!

I don't want to be the butt of these types of jokes.

Thanks,
Don

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
SolidSnake said:

Thanks,
Don
Dont worry, Don. You are PLENTY a butt of your own rite (just joking dude).

You just spent a boat load of money on a custom tune for your car. You posted the dyno results on every board you could find and scrutinized and asked for opinions. As concerned as you are about the tune, WHY HAVE YOU NOT TAKEN THE CAR TO THE TRACK??

And now you are talking about upgrading before you even know what you got right now. Instead of demanding timeslips from others...maybe you should go produce a couple of your own.

And, yes, there are plenty of KB cars with time slips. You wanna know how they do...how they hook? Get to the track and line up against one. That's a sure way to find out who is the butt of the joke.

...Not to be rude.

;)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Until today, there were no "tunes" that would work properly (with sufficient fuel pressure)with the KB and 55# injectors. I think the slips will be forthcoming.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn HAMMER, cut a brotha some slack dude, I was just asking!!!!!

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
JT said:
Until today, there were no "tunes" that would work properly (with sufficient fuel pressure)with the KB and 55# injectors. I think the slips will be forthcoming.
Well, I dont know if thats entirely true but I do agree that there have been some tuning issues. I for one have been to the dyno 4 times now and still dont have "good" tune, last one was damn close, just not ideal.

I unfortunatly have never driven in the 1/4 or 1/8 for that matter so my timeslips wont be of much good when I finally do get to the track....LOL, except maybe to embarass me :). I hope to get to a track mid august though, we just dont have any tracks close by.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been talking frequently to Hermann Stolzberg and he says that he has a handle on the KB tunes with his Diablo chip. I don't know what boost we were talking about, but as far as I am concerned I want to keep it at 17lbs. or lower, and he has a handle on that boost level as of now. FYI.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, but I still see no CONVINCING evidence. All I have heard so far was "potential" and "xxx rwhp". Guys I WANT to buy one, but I have yet to hear truely convincing evidence as to why I should. I know why HotRodHarry got in trouble last time he spoke against the KB guys, because bottom line, as far as I can see MORE Eaton guys are faster than the KB guys. Yea OK there are MORE Eaton guys out there, but bolt on guys with the Eaton are going into the 11's. I DO NOT want to overspin my Eaton and make all kinds of heat with an upper and lower trying to push 20lbs. of boost. The only reason why I can see getting a KB at this point is for longevity of the engine(less parasitic drag and cooler intake temps are always a good thing). Does this justify dumping $5k into my already $35k car? Herein lies the question........help me out faithful.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Thanks for the replies, but I still see no CONVINCING evidence. All I have heard so far was "potential" and "xxx rwhp". Guys I WANT to buy one, but I have yet to hear truely convincing evidence as to why I should. I know why HotRodHarry got in trouble last time he spoke against the KB guys, because bottom line, as far as I can see MORE Eaton guys are faster than the KB guys. Yea OK there are MORE Eaton guys out there, but bolt on guys with the Eaton are going into the 11's. I DO NOT want to overspin my Eaton and make all kinds of heat with an upper and lower trying to push 20lbs. of boost. The only reason why I can see getting a KB at this point is for longevity of the engine(less parasitic drag and cooler intake temps are always a good thing). Does this justify dumping $5k into my already $35k car? Herein lies the question........help me out faithful.
Not to be mean, but why not run your car and post up about the results?
Maybe you are a guy that would run mid 12's with the mods you have, and you'd be happy to add a KB to run low 11's.

Maybe you'd run mid 11's with the set up you have now, and you'd run low 10's with the KB? Who knows, until you get out and do it yourself. There is no amount of posts read that is going to teach you how to get the most out of your car. You are right about one thing, most people can't come close to getting the most out of there mid 400 rwhp car, and they definatly give themselves more of a handfull if the go to the mid 500's or low 600's.

I have no doubt that I could blow of quite a KB powered cars.

However, if I had a KB car, there is no way it wouldn't run A LOT faster than my current car.

JT

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well , since someone did ask the question. I am also curious about what a KB Cobra runs in the 1/4 . Seems like a harmless question that no one should take offense to.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
sonicblue03 said:
Well , since someone did ask the question. I am also curious about what a KB Cobra runs in the 1/4 . Seems like a harmless question that no one should take offense to.
Nitrous Pete 9.99 on IRS.
Richard Liezl (sp?) Strictly pro 9.73 on a straight axle.
Another Nitrous Pete customer in the midwest also ran a high 9.

JT

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
All those cars were using nitrous
Pete's initial 9 second pass did, but I thought he later did it without?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wasn't clear in my previous post. I am aware of those running in the 9's. I was wondering what a kb car with 17-24 #s are running. Someone who put their kb on out of the box without changing injectors etc.

Marlon

·
Registered
309 Posts
JT said:
Nitrous Pete 9.99 on IRS.
Richard Liezl (sp?) Strictly pro 9.73 on a straight axle.
Another Nitrous Pete customer in the midwest also ran a high 9.

JT
Richard's pass was a 9.43, not 9.73. I have the losing timeslip to prove it. Not that it really matters, but when you are going that fast, every tenth is a major accomplishment.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
It would be nice to see some ACTUAL STREET CARS with 91 or 93 octane time slips. Some may disagree, but I don't consider a car that takes $5.50 a gallon fuel a street car. I saw a KB here in Denver with 15 lbs of boost run a 12.2 at 115. He also had ET streets. I run 12.8 at 115 with street tires. Probably same ballpark as him with ET Streets as well.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
lguerra1 said:
Richard's pass was a 9.43, not 9.73. I have the losing timeslip to prove it. Not that it really matters, but when you are going that fast, every tenth is a major accomplishment.
Sounds good, I just used the number from his "Clash of the Titans" thread.

JT

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
sonicblue03 said:
I wasn't clear in my previous post. I am aware of those running in the 9's. I was wondering what a kb car with 17-24 #s are running. Someone who put their kb on out of the box without changing injectors etc.

Marlon
Had it not rained yesterday, we would have had some slips this morning, had it not rained today we would have had some tonight...

Although the car has 55# injectors.

JT

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude, JT, I work from 9-7 M-F, so I really don't have much time to go to the track at all. This thread is not about ME going to the track at all. Why turn it into that? I am asking for the NUMEROUS KB guys to just tell me what they run, that's all. And still I see NOTHING. I just don't understand........By the way, Nitrous Pete's car was about as far from a bolt on KB car as you can get, so his 9.9 timeslips mean nothing to me.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Dude, JT, I work from 9-7 M-F, so I really don't have much time to go to the track at all. This thread is not about ME going to the track at all. Why turn it into that? I am asking for the NUMEROUS KB guys to just tell me what they run, that's all. And still I see NOTHING. I just don't understand........By the way, Nitrous Pete's car was about as far from a bolt on KB car as you can get, so his 9.9 timeslips mean nothing to me.
SolidSnake said:
... I want USABLE power, and I don't want to be a DYNO QUEEN either. Know that old joke....What's the difference between a 600hp, 700hp, and a 800hp Supra? They all have 11 second timeslips!!!!

Thanks,
Don
Beacuse, if you went to the track, you'd realize what other people run with a combination, has little to do with what you run with that combination.

Just sit and type away on your computer and instead of having a "Dyno queen" you can be a keyboard racer!

JT

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.