Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my car I don't see full 8 Ib of boost until around 4K. I was on KB site and they say they have full boost at 2K. Are you really seeing full boost at 2k with the KB if so this is a major gain also?

·
Registered
64 Posts
well I have a kb and let me tell you it is instant boost FULL boost. street tires are real interseting on the highway say your doing 70 in 5th or so and you clutch it put it into 4rth and don't hit the gas yet let out the clutch and slam the gas and your sides ways for a long time heehehehhe great power out of the kb very worth it get ahold of pete if you want more info on them

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
j98gtblown said:
well I have a kb and let me tell you it is instant boost FULL boost. street tires are real interseting on the highway say your doing 70 in 5th or so and you clutch it put it into 4rth and don't hit the gas yet let out the clutch and slam the gas and your sides ways for a long time heehehehhe great power out of the kb very worth it get ahold of pete if you want more info on them
hehe, okay now that is scary. My KB should be going on this weekend, I just hope all goes smooth.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Blowing the tires off in 4th , are you serious???????:eek:

·
Registered
140 Posts
actually got some spin in fifth one cool morning with mine!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I do not have a KB so I am not really in the position to say but, I would think the KB would respond similar to how the eaton responds, except at a much more powerful level. I remember Stracer saying its cool watching the boost go up with the rpms. So, just like how the eaton will give 1/4 or half boost instantly and then works up to 8 by 4-5krpm, the KB probably does the same except it might start at around 8psi and then go to 13-17psi or whatever your running. I wouldn't think the KB would run 22psi at 2k rpm. But like I said, I probably shouldn't have even posted because I don't have one :)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I need to get a KB who has the best price on them, I talked with Strictly Performance in St.Louis and he said if I bought 2 he could do 3400 each, is that a good deal?

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
trey193 said:
I need to get a KB who has the best price on them, I talked with Strictly Performance in St.Louis and he said if I bought 2 he could do 3400 each, is that a good deal?
My understanding is KB requires strict adhearance to pricing on their blowers so anyone saying they will do it for less is asking for trouble with KB.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Disreguard my last statment then Mr. Belle. :)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey trey193 you have a pm.

·
Registered
521 Posts
OK. Now this threads gotten real interesting. I'm in the market for 2 KB's, and any savings I can get would only help. 2 KB's for less than 7K is right up my alley. Any PM's for me??????

·
Registered
64 Posts
there is one thing to think about when ordering kb's. How fast do you want them. the fastest and most cost efficient way to get hem is through pete at pj's performance. he is the largest distributor of them and gets them on a regualr basis. I have a friend that orderd and paid for one about 2 montyhs ago and still has not received it from kb when it took me 4 days. they cost like 3600 or something like it. that is the best way to take care of it in my opinion. besides when you have q's you will want to talk to him and kb is always buisy.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pete said he drop ships right from KB and that decreases ship time and cost. Also Pete is a very busy person as would be expected. I called a couple times this week and you don't get through every time on the first call sometimes you will get a busy tone. So just hang-up wait a couple minutes and try again. When I did get through he came right to the phone and was very friendly and talkative on the phone and in no way tried to rush me off the phone and actually does the opposite we were talking about different options and even the board. Go anyway you want, but I am going with Pete and his prices seemed very reasonable to me.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I got my setup including bassani catback and catted x from pete as well, and the KB is drop shipped but still took 3 weeks or so, not petes fault of course, kb just gets behind sometimes.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I agree Pete is very helpful and now that I know what his prices are , I will just say they are right, you will have to call to find out!:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts