Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually all I got was the "Pop" and Power Steering went, brakes went, AC disappeared and the temp started to climb. Let it cool, called for a tow, who brought a standard sling, sorry ordered a flat bed. Limped it home about one mile, flat bed showed up. Got it on the truck, no place to attach the 'J' hooks. One of the brake lines is in the way and this guy had no tire straps. Took it off the truck. Looks like I'll try to have it towed to the dealer tomorrow morning. I was just going to go in for my 5K service.

The "Pop", you ask, oh ya... it was the AC coming loose, hell it broke off. One bolt was left and it was sheared-off, I suspect the other 2 (?) the ones I can see, sheared-off also, assuming they were installed. The one bolt that was left was 9.8 grade. The belt is in one piece with about 20 inches of play. I wonder if they will need to pull the engine to use an easy-out.

Let the good times roll....

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Thank's for the post,,,A friend with 03Cobra had loose bolts holding his Tensioner..SHREDDED BELT..Must of came that way..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts