Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been having issues with my new 2.6H KB Blower since I got my car running with it not making the reported boost per KB pulley size low by 5lbs. So here is the complete emails between KB and myself. On Saturday while taking the car for a drive I hit it in second to about 4500 and then the car just died so I coasted into a parking lot and lifted the hood to find the seal or something blew and the SC spewed oil out of the front bolt all over the place. These are all the emails between Matt and myself. Emails are somewhat out of order start at bottom read up.

.MsgBody-text, .MsgBody-text * { font: 10pt monospace; }
Matt,

I will be getting an attorney to see what can be done. First of all I checked the oil in the blower and it was right where it was supposed to be 1/4" below fill line. Also you know damn well the blower was not being overspun we had been emailing because of not being able to make boost. The install was fine just as it said to install your instruction booklet less the EGR. There were no vaccuum lines wrong as I will have the experts who installed it and tuned it testify. I am fed up with your bullshif. You just said either too full of oil which it was not or spinning over the limit yet you want to send me a smaller pulley to spin it harder. You make no sense at all. I will be posting up every email correspondence since this whole thing started in december on every forum I belong to. I will see you in court for not honoring your warranty and I will be filing complaints with the BBB in your state and mine. I also emailed you my sales invoice from Stricly performance and you said that was fine no problem with it my warranty is good. I have the emails saved and everyone can read them starting tonight.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:07:02 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: blower issue

We offered you a fix with a smaller pulley you refused it you also did not
purchase the supercharger direct so you must go through the shop that you
purchased the kit from. you can not return it without the original invoice
or if it has been installed or used. your set up is a custom set up not one
that we have done here and from the pictures you sent me the install was not
the best especially the way your vacuum lines are. we are not going to
exchange your supercharger for a new one or upgrade you to a larger
compressor. the only way oil could come out of the pulley bolt hole is if
the compressor was over filled with oil or spinning way above its limit,
which its not due to the pulley sizes you have. take your vehicle back to
the installer and have them go over the install there was something wrong
from the beginning. there is nothing else we can do for you if you want a
smaller pulley I will send one out for you but other than that we can not do
anything else for you.
To: "Matt" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:06 AM

.MsgBody-text, .MsgBody-text * { font: 10pt monospace; }Matt,

.MsgBody-text, .MsgBody-text * { font: 10pt monospace; } Bill Tumas @ CJPonyparts In Harrisburg,PA. What does this have to do with all the blower problems. I am not going to keep writing emails for another 2 months. What are you going to do about the blower? For your info SGS Performance in Dillsburg, PA did all the tuning on the car. Be up front and give me some solid info. Do you want me to send my still under warranty blower back to you for an exchange? Could you tell me what has happened to the blower now? I need to know what we are going to do.I have over $ 30,000.00 of my hard earned money to build my dream car. I did not use anything but the best parts I paid cash for everything in the hope that the build would be a car that would give me performnce and drivrability. I would like to get some answers by tomorrow!

Thanks Tom Slatt-
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:39:17 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

Who did the install of the kit for you?
To: Matt
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:05 PM
Subject: blower issue

Matt,

I have tried calling the past couple days to discuss the blower issue but all I get is a busy signal. I do not have the time to keep calling and calling so I would appreciate it if you could give me a call at 814-404-5105. I have not gotten any emails or any type of acknowledgement to the email and pictures I sent to you on Saturday. I have dealt with many vendors during the build of my car and they have all been very helpful and responsive. I would expect no less from KB. I have removed the KB from my car and am awaiting word from you on how we are going to deal with this. I would expect either a phone call or an email from KB no later than Wed. 2/11/09. I do not want alot of downtime with the car due to a customer service that seems very reluctant to get it in gear and take action.

Thank You

Tom Slatt

First off if I come across as angry in this email it is because I am truly pissed with this blower. First I would like for you to know a little bit about me and what I do for a living. I am a Union Construction Superintendent who is in charge of $25,000,000.00+ projects. I have from 50-70 men and women working for me on any given day. I am 53 years old so I am not some young kid trying to blow smoke about what is going on with the blower and how KB has treated me. My job is to direct work and to solve problems which are a constant in my business. I am also very aware that to solve any problems requires action . If I were to conduct myself as KB has I would be looking for employment. I have tried to work with you but you have truly not been very helpful. I did change things on the vac. lines as you said but that was not the answer as you said it would be. I took the car to the dyno and only saw a 1/2 lb. increase in boost on 2 different gauges and that was more so because of the cooler air. Although this was frustrating it is not the end of my complete dissatisfaction with the blower I bought. It was very nice here today so I decided to take the car out for a drive. I was driving and in 2nd gear and i punched it the car took off for a second to about 4500 RPM and then all of a sudden and the car dies, falls flat on its face and stalls so I coast into a stone parking lot and this is what I found. (see attatched pics). Needless to say when I opened the hood I was nothing short of furious. Apparently the vent hole in the pulley bolt had spewed oil everywhere. Before you even suggest it NO the blower was not overfilled with oil it was at the correct level 1/4" below the top line. I am not running high boost because the blower won't produce it. 15 1/2 lbs. max. I am going to be removing the blower and sending it back to you what you do with it is up to you but I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS BLOWER BACK. It has 1200 miles on it no track no overspinnig no mistreatment ever. I have had nothing but problems with the KB since I got the car running. That this blower has blown a seal or it was bad from day one or it was not properly assembled does not matter to me at this point it is simply UNACCEPTABLE that I paid over $3000.00 for what is supposed to be the best blower and to have these problems is enough. As you can see by the pics I have a mess to clean up plus I have to R&R a blower which noone is going to pay me to do. I have too much time invested in a subpar blower with emails,changing things, not to mention the trip expense and dyno time. I had to have a friend get up go get my car trailer to come over and get the car back home. I would think that JIm whom seems from your emails has not g otten involved will actually take an active part in a quick resolution to this. I will say again I will not accept the blower back but a new replacement or an upgrade to a 2.8H with me paying the cost difference and I will not pay the restocking fee of 20% on a blower that was not right to begin with. I will call on Monday to see what is going to be done hopefully we can work this out btween ourselves. I do expect a quick resolve to this matter not like the 2 months of nothing but emails over the boost problem.

Thanks Tom Slatt
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 1:08:42 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: low boost problem

That line from the bottom of the intake manifold is the problem, your best
bet is to cap the bottom fitting out of the manifold and run the PCV line
from the valve cover by itself to the fitting on the inlet, you should get
all of your boost back. the reason the 03-04 cobras are routed the way you
have it now is because they have a check valve in that bottom line, on the
99-01 cobra kit we just cap that fitting because they do not have that valve
so that is the way you will want to set yours up. you can check it by just
capping the line or clamping it and see if the boost is higher than it was
before.
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 6:22 PM

Matt,

The fitting that had to be changed was the fitting on the bottom of my lower intake manifold. The original was was to tall to fit in the valley of the new Aluminator block. I am not talking about changing any other fittings. This line runs from underneathe the lower intake and comes up behind the blower. This is where the installer ran it into the bottom of a T fitting. The sides of the T are run to the drivers side valve cover PCV and the other side is run to the big fitting on the blower. I have some pictures attatched to show you. The first ones are how the installer had the lines run. I was thinking the way he had it I was probably loosing boost from the line coming up from the lower and going to the vacuum side of the blower. The other pics are of what I thought would solve the problem of the boost bleeding back into the vacuum side of the blower by installing a PCV before the T fitting allowing vacuum to draw through but to close during boost. I did an EGR delete so I do not have those hook ups also I am running a return style fuel system which is run off of the boost side to the FPR. In the pics it is the hose running from the lower intake with no check valve or PCV is the on I have been trying to figure out that when I go into boost does this line not bleed boost back into the large fitting on the back of the blower. Is what I am thinking by putting the inline PCV on the line from the lower intake manifold right or not? Take a look at the pictures and let me know ASAP
Thasnks Tom
Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:42:41 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

that barbed fitting should not have to be changed to fit it is for the PCV system it is mentioned on step 41 this line is hooked up to the inlet manifold step 95. if it is not a PCV line that is hooked up to that fitting it will act as a bypass system, unless you are talking about the 90* fitting on the discharge plate that sits on top of the lower intake manifold that is hooked up to engine vacuum but that is to control the bypass valve boost gauge FRP sensor it should not be T to anything on the inlet side, you can see a vacuum diagram on step 76. the only lines that should be hooked up to the inlet are PCV EVAP and Vacuum supply lines. I am trying to see if we got any good 2.8 that we know make boost and I been waiting for the owner to get back to me on waving the 20% restocking fee.
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 6:04 PM

I have a question for you. When checking the installation I remembered that thevacuum fitting on the lower intake had to be changed to fit it into the valley of the new engine. When my blower was hooked up they ran a hose up to a T that one side went to the driver side VC the other was run to the back of the blower to the big fitting. My question is with this line hooked up to the T that runs to the big fitting on the blower when I get into boost am I not losing boost through the line from the bottom of the lower up to the T and over to the big fitting? Is the bi g fitting on the back of the blower drawing vacuum during boost? Should there be a PCV or check valve on the line coming off of the lower intake? I need some help here and hope you respond with some answers. I have not heard from you in 10 days so pardon me but I am not having a very good experience with KB customer support thus far. You have not replied to the last email as you said you would. I have the install instructions but could use a bit more info as to the above.

Thanks Tom

I have been going over the installation of the blower and so far everything appears to be correct. I will be checking the following tomorrow the bypass and will be doing a compression test also. I have not heard back from you with any more suggestions on what to do. Is this the norm when trying to solve problems? It does not seem as though there is too much interest on your end with helping me out. Your suggestion is to spin the blower faster but to me that is telling me that the blower will never achieve the potential that is advertised. I have also suggested exchanging the blower and paying the difference but have not heard back from you since Jan.21 and today is the 26th. We have been emailing since Dec 5 and have not really gotten anywhere. I have sent you the pics as requested and done what you had asked but still having the same problem 2 months later with no solutions.
Thanks Tom
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:32:25 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

Matt,

Have you come up with anything yet?

Thanks Tom
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:32:25 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

thats not my call to make Jim should be here today I will see what he wants to do about the situation thanks Tom.
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:28 AM

Matt,

The lower is 7.5" stock size lower. I will check but if the problem is with the blower and not on my end I could not see a 20% restocking fee if I would be paying the difference in price for the new blower. I am not really getting much info from you as to what to do. I would think that you have run into something similar in the past and could give me a better idea of what it is after almost 2 months of correspondence. I suggested the 2.8H so we can come to some amiable solution. You have already made the profit off of the 2.6H and I would be willing to pay the difference between the 2.8H to get to a quick solution. I am not looking for a refund only a solution to keep us both moving forward with the least amount of hassle and downtime.

Thanks Tom

Thanks Tom
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:53:44 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

yes if the bypass valve is not closing all the way it can cause a loss of boost, we do not do full refunds on used parts their will be the full refund minus a 20% restocking fee. what size is the crank pulley the supercharger belt rides on?
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:50 PM
Subject: low boost problem

I sent the requested invoice for the 3.25" KB pulley last Friday Morning. Have you guys come up with something you need or want me to do? I have a question on the boost bypass valve. If the boost bypass is not functioning right would I loose the boost there? Have not heard back from you sinces last week. If we cannot seem to reach a decision on what to do Then I suggest giving you back your 2.6 H and me paying the difference and you sending me a new 2.8H and see if I don't have better luck with a different blower. Let me know what you want me to do.

Thanks Tom Slatt-

Here is a copy of the invoice with the 3.25" KB pulley on it. Please let me know what else you need.

Thanks Tom
Matt,

I was not being rude QUOTE " I'm doing what I can it will take sometime the owner has not been here since the start of the holidays I have left him emails and messages and as soon as he gets to me I will let you know. " That is from your email that you wrote. I never once said that you did not try to contact Jim. I am not trying to get into a pissing match here I just want to move forward. Six weeks of emails and I am no closer to finding out what the problem is now. I bought the 3.25" pulley from SGS Performance in Dillsburg, PA and I will get a copy of that scanned and emailed to you. As far as the headers go they are JBA SHORTIES not longtubes there is NO HEADWORK,CAMS , DROPPED COMPRESSION or INCREASED DISPLACEMENT! IOf course you already have all that information from my emails to you. As far as the 96 Cobra not coming with this setup you are correct as I did an 03 swap into my car. Also you are wrong about the pulleys that I got from you they were a 4" and a 3.5". As far as calling me rude that it would seem is again your customer service in action !

Thanks Tom
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:55:52 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: kenne bell boost readings? Copy of Invoice

Well that's definitely rude that you don't believe Jim would not contact me or I have not contacted him about your problem but he is busy with many other projects and also got side track by the thread. He wrote the thread from his vacation and the manager typed it up and posted on his behalf. the only reason we did a reply is because you referenced it and we had tried to help Steve with his issue but he didn't want to listen to our reasoning on why he was loosing boost. your forgetting that you have headers that could cause up to 3psi, boost is a measure of restriction so anytime headers cams head work dropped compression increased displacement will cause a loss in boost. so a smaller pulley will get you back to where you should be with the headers or put the stock manifolds on you will may not be short 5 psi. our readings are based off of the stock spec engine from factory your set up is not factory or stock, 96 mustangs did not come with that engine or headers are you running the stock crank pulley? what's the diameter of the pulley where the belt rides? if you read the reply to the thread that will give you your answers with the shortage of boost. again the offer still stands if you want we will send you a half inch smaller pulley which will be a 3" pulley that will get you your boost back up. from the order is showed you ordered a 3 3/4" pulley and 3 1/2" pulley do you have a copy of a invoice for the 3 1/4" pulley?
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:29 PM

Matt,

I can appreciate your situation and I am not trying to be impatient but I can see that Jim Bell had taken the time to reply to a post in my thread on Mod Fords on 1/08/09 yet you say he has not answered any of your emails or messages. This seems a bit odd to me that he would take the time for posting in a forum but not take the time to communicate with his own employee concerning an unsatisfied customer. Forgive me if I am somewhat confused by the answer you sent me but this does not seem like customer service is the #1 priority at K.B. I appreciate your offer for another pulley but to me that is kind of like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound. If it were a 1 or 2 lbs difference no big deal but 5 lbs difference is a bit much. Even i f I would put a smaller pulley on even down to the 2.75 I would not get close to your boost table and horsepower guide. I also think I should not have to spin the blower near its maximum rating to get to 17-18 lbs. If there is something more that you would like me to do to help pinpoint the problem just let me know. I really would like to find out the reason for the low boost not simply overlook it and and expected to be satisfied with less than the product that I paid over $3300.00 for.

Thanks Tom
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:14:07 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

I'm doing what I can it will take sometime the owner has not been here since the start of the holidays I have left him emails and messages and as soon as he gets to me I will let you know. just be a little more patient and we will handle this for you thanks Tom for the patience you have had so far just need a little more time. in the mean time I can send you a pulley to make up the boost loss so you can get the power and boost you desire.
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:48 AM

Matt,

It is now 6 weeks since The first correspondence about the boost problems and I am not sure that we have made any headway on it. We need to try and resolve this in a timely manner.

Thanks Tom
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 11:18:10 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

do you have the part number for the aluminator engine you purchased to take place of the stock cobra engine? was it a short block or a long block? what's the compression on the engine?
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 8:55 PM

Matt,

What is the next step in this problem? If we are not moving forward then we are standing still and have done nothing.

Thanks Tom
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:30:00 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

its ok don't worry about the warranty card we can look it up based on strictly performances invoices you still have your warranty.
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 3:52 AM

Matt,

Here is the copy of the invoice from Strictly Performance. There is also a copy of my warranty card that I just found out my wife did not mail it was in the folder with the invoices.

Thanks Tom
Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:54:14 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: kenne bell boost readings?

thanks Tom for the information I will do my best to get this taken care as quickly and as fair as possible thanks again Tom for working with us.
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 3:50 PM

Matt,

I bought the blower from Strictly Performance in Houston, Texas. I had originally bought a used 2.2 but was not happy with the blower when I saw it. They already had some of my money from that when I returned the 2.2 and had them get me the new 2.6H and paid them the difference. I do not have a scanner here at home but will scan the sales receipt from Srtictly Performance and E-mail it to you on Thursday. I will also get the serial # off of the blower for you. I received the blower on July 8, 2008. I had the blower installed at C.J. Ponyparts in Harrisburg,PA. I had the car rebuilt from the ground up and it was first fired up on October 13, 2008. I appreciate your effort but I would really like to get this straightened out ASAP.

Thanks Tom
Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:41:40 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

Hey Tom Im having my manager take a look into this for you and the forum to
see if the claims made on the post are correct. who did you purchase the kit
through I do not have a record for you in our system did you purchase it
through a shop?
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:35 PM

Matt,

I checked for restrictions in the fenderwell and the bottom of the filter
was closed off so I trimmed off the plastic inner fendr to open up any
restrictions but I am still only seeing 15lbs. boost max @ 6500rpm.
Attatched are a couple of pictures of the set up. I cannot see any
restrictions now that might still be creating the problem. Boost reading is
the same off of my PMS and my boost gauge. Take a look and see what you
think this is a bit frustrating since I bought the blower brand new in
August 08 it has about 1200 miles on it. I would like your advice on what to
do next.
Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 11:51:42 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

Matt,

I will let you know but the boost is actually off by 5lbs. With a 3.25 upper
and stock lower I am supposed to see 20lbs not 15lbs.

Thanks Tom
Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 11:41:46 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

ok let me know what you find it will increase as the boost increases that's
why the lower boost levels its only 2psi off and increased as the boost went
up due to the increased demand for air it possibly was not getting.
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:11 PM

Matt

I will check it out but I didn't think that would take 5lbs. off my boost. I
will let you know.

Thanks Tom

Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:00:36 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

is the filter mounted into the fender? if it is then you might want to check
behind the bumper the fender-well is block off by plastic on higher boost
applications can cause a restriction not allowing the compressor to make
boost and can even cause higher charge temps. if you look underneath the
bumper you will see that the fender well is completely blocked off and
should be trimmed to allow cold air into the fender.
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:21 AM

Matt,

I cannot answer for sure about the boost gauge question because I was not at
the last dyno but will get you that info. I am running an Accufab single
blade TB with JLT high boost CAI.
Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 7:31:24 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

have you double checked the boost with another known accurate gauge to make
sure the boost reading is correct? what type of throttle body and cold air
kit are you running?
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 11:12 AM

Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 5:21:45 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: kenne bell boost readings?

what type of kit is this, cobra, 05-up GT or 2 valve GT? is it a stock
displacement 4.6? does it have cams or any type of head work? the headers
will cause you to lose a pound or two of boost. what size crank pulley are
you running?

Matt,

This is for an 03/04 cobra Stock 4.6 displacement all stock no cams or
headwork My crank pulley is the stock one also. The engine is a brand new
Ford Racing Aluminator Longblock. It is a direct replacement for the cobra
only with an aluminum block. I have the 2.6H kit for the 03/04 Cobra.

Thank You

Tom Slatt

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I kind of skimmed through the emails. But if you want a warranty you may have an issue. KB has strict dealer contracts. First strictly wasnt supposed to sell you that blower without installing it (Per KB, thats part of their dealer contract). Now you had CJs install it which may make it even more difficult. The line off the back of the intake manifold to the blower shouldnt be a problem. I run it on all KB cars with a PCV and they hold boost no problems. Gone as much as 25#s without issue.

Who installed the pulley on the blower? Was it torqued properly? If not the pulley will spin on the shaft and cause a boost loss. Is the belt tight enough? What is the position of the small reference tab on your belt tensioner?

Did you check the bypass? Is it staying closed under boost? Make sure there is nothing obstructing the arm for the bypass to maybe get caught on.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kind of skimmed through the emails. But if you want a warranty you may have an issue. KB has strict dealer contracts. First strictly wasnt supposed to sell you that blower without installing it (Per KB, thats part of their dealer contract). Now you had CJs install it which may make it even more difficult. The line off the back of the intake manifold to the blower shouldnt be a problem. I run it on all KB cars with a PCV and they hold boost no problems. Gone as much as 25#s without issue.

Who installed the pulley on the blower? Was it torqued properly? If not the pulley will spin on the shaft and cause a boost loss. Is the belt tight enough? What is the position of the small reference tab on your belt tensioner?

Did you check the bypass? Is it staying closed under boost? Make sure there is nothing obstructing the arm for the bypass to maybe get caught on.
SGS Performance installed the pulley and they did install correctly. Belt is plenty tight no slip or signs of slip. Not sure of the small reference tab I have the blower off of the car now. As far as the warranty Matt @ KB said no problem your under warranty in one of his emails. Question for you What must be done to fix the blower now? Bypass was fine.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
What is on the car now? Does it run right? The aluminator has had some problems as of late......

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is on the car now? Does it run right? The aluminator has had some problems as of late......
Not the Aluminator I had the problem and got a brand new engine from FRPP. I have not run the car since this. I have the blower off the car.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Guys, read through his entire post. The blower died on him.

I'm 100% in agreement with him. Time to lawyer up, deal with the vendors and take your time. In the meantime I might suggest contact Dustin @ Whipple for a new setup.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I read all the emails and dealt with similar issues just like this, the car will not die because the seal on the blower blew..........the car I was working on ended up spinning a bearing. May or not be the case here.....put an eaton on it a run it, if it runs and lasts without issue then we have narrowed the problem down to the KB blower.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I read all the emails and dealt with similar issues just like this, the car will not die because the seal on the blower blew..........the car I was working on ended up spinning a bearing. May or not be the case here.....put an eaton on it a run it, if it runs and lasts without issue then we have narrowed the problem down to the KB blower.
The problem may be different, but that doesn't deal with the low boost problem...either way, that is some piss poor customer service by KB and that representative should be fired. If he was my employee and I read these emails he would be gone without a second thought

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wow. That has to be insanely frustrating.

Good luck with moving forward Jumperjack - whatever the resolution may be.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I am glad that i bought a Whipple. I hope you get your issues straightened out. If you get your money back I would get the 3.4 Whipple and put on there.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Whipple all the way baby. Sell that turd on Ebay and get a Whipple. No oil on your engine to worry about, or on your windshield, or under your tires...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, but I cant tell you how many people are in your shoes. This is why I would never buy their blower. I just came into a little money and am going to pull the trigger on a whipple or got TT I am not sure yet. both have their pros and cons. So due to KB's totally retarded customer service they just lost another 4-5k or so from me since that is what it would cost to go with th 2.8H Mammoth. Good job Guys. Looks like Mr. Whipple will get my cash instead.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I have had 3 KBs and have always dealt with Mike. Mike has always been a great person to deal with and has always helped with my problems. sorry that you had issues. Also my buddy had the same problem and we thought it was the blower and it ended up being his new engine built by a "professional" was built wrong and the cams were messed up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
KB should atleast do a inspection on the blower and should fix the repair for free if your send the blower to them reguardless of contract BS or installation by professionals. It does not take a genius the install the blower or pulleys. If any company ask for professional installation of a blower or no warranty will be implied then thats just bad business. It doesn't matter if there is 2 sides to this story and maybe the guy with the blower has something we don't know about. Warranty is warranty and should be within 1 year of a purchase from whom ever (Dealer) with the recipt.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have had 3 KBs and have always dealt with Mike. Mike has always been a great person to deal with and has always helped with my problems. sorry that you had issues. Also my buddy had the same problem and we thought it was the blower and it ended up being his new engine built by a "professional" was built wrong and the cams were messed up.
Hence why I put up my post......it would suck to bash them guys and later on find out another motor blew or was assembled wrong.....the bad motor symptoms are easily masked as a blower problem. I was going this route when the crank bearings finally let go. Just because its new from ford doesn't mean its perfect.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Hence why I put up my post......it would suck to bash them guys and later on find out another motor blew or was assembled wrong.....the bad motor symptoms are easily masked as a blower problem. I was going this route when the crank bearings finally let go. Just because its new from ford doesn't mean its perfect.
Exactly. I agree 100%. I dont think there is an issue with the blower either and it would really suck if hes bashing KB for no reason.

When I first built my motor back in 07 I had a new HP TT kit. I ended up selling it before I can install it. I was going to put it on the car the same time as the new motor. Well I installed the motor with my Hellion kit and the motor smoked like crazy. Well if the HP TT kit was on there, I would have immediately blamed the kit because of its known issues. Needless to say it was a ring issue. Get my point?

Slap an eaton on there and see what happens before trashing KB

·
Registered
952 Posts
Before jumping to conclusions, it's important to hear the OTHER side of the story.
Thanks but I dont need to hear the other side of the story since there is no other side. I have known several people get the shaft by KB when it was clearly a failure that these people did not cause, but the blower itself was put together wrong or had the oil issues that they did not want to fix for free when it was a screw up on KB's side to begin with. My friend was told it was installer error when his locked up because the oil was spraying out of the blower while driving and he didnt notice it until it was too late. Do they think he actually was trying to scam them out of a new blower? Why on earth would he want to make that kind of mess and risk grenading his motor? KB told him he could upgrade to the better snout for several hundred dollars to fix it..lol. WTF? It is their fault to begin with. Why is that you constantly come into these threads and try to give everyone a civics lesson. KB has had this Customer service issue for years and years. Everyone on here knows it. They do nothing, but tell customers like the OP to basically go F themselves and only offer to sell them more crap they dont want in the first place. I mean come on... the blower does not make the boost they advertised and what do they do? They say ok we can sell you a smaller pulley..lol Whatever.

This is par for the course with KB. Whipple does not treat their customers like this and when they knew they had a blower seal issue they fixed no questions asked. they didnt hide behind crap warranty policy, or try to sell people "up graded parts" they shouldnt need in the first place. Case closed.

KB needs to step up and help this guy out. What could it cost them to create a little good will? maybe a few hundered dollars? Or just tell him to send it back and they will send him out a replacement then they can fix the other one and sell again i am sure.

·
Registered
587 Posts
When did the blower die?
Out of all the posts you choose to reply to mine? My blower doesn't tend to spray oil out the front. Then again, it makes the boost it's advertised to as well. Of course it does say Whipple on the side.

Before jumping to conclusions, it's important to hear the OTHER side of the story.
Because reading the emails from both sides, timestamped, doesn't give us any idea of the matter? You can typically tell when a guy is bs'ing and when someone has their stuff together. Regardless if the blower isn't even bad at all, the customer service was terrible just by reading the emails.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts