Dynojet numbers;
437 rwhp
439 rwtq

9 psi (2 7/8 pulley)intercooled kit
Added Kenne Bell;
75 mm Throttle Body & "Big Tube" Kit
90mm Meter & Switch Chip
Cool Air Kit

Run was with switch chip in "Shoot-Out" mode - 94 octane required.

Car is 100% stock other the what is listed below.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SonicBlueX2 said:
Damn! :shocked

How comfortable are you with the stock short block with that kind of power?
Not too worried.

I more worried about my trans and rear end. A lot of torque there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
b c said:
Not too worried.

I more worried about my trans and rear end. A lot of torque there.
Heh heh. My worries lie at the opposite end of the car. I'm thinking (more like hoping :D ) that the 4R70W will hold (haven't been able to find anyone with any experience with that), and the rear will hold because it's an auto. We're planning on keeping the car detuned to @ 400 RWHP on the stock short block as the general consensus seems to be that that's pretty much the limit for factory rods (please correct me if I'm wrong about that)?

·
Registered
492 Posts
This is why me trying to get a KB is suicide. I am already at 300 RWHP N/A with full race ported heads and cams close to blower spec. I would be up around 500 with just 8lbs of boost on stock bottom end. Therefore, I would have to forge it, get a T-56, and a bigger rear. I know I dont HAVE to, but thats the only way I would feel comfortable driving with that much HP every day. Plus, the stock bottom end wouldnt last too long like that. Oh well, got to save up another 10K so I can do it all and run 12-14#s of boost and make 600 RWHP :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dang!:jawdrop

Thems there are some nice numbers.:shocked

It seems the KB is for real.:)

Good luck with it,
Howard

·
Registered
33 Posts
b c, awesome #'s:blob

Hears my problem. I am either going with a KB or a turbo. With either combo I will also get a forged short block and p&p the heads while going with a new cam. With this combo it should raise the redline to say 6500 rpm's or so.

The only problem is that somewhere on http://www.kennebell.net/ I read that you could only take the KB to 6000rpm's. I could not find where it stated this but does anyone know whats the deal with this.

I didn't want to take away from your limelight b c, just wanted to know if this is true.

Again, congrats b c:shocked with those #'s

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check this KB link.
tech 4.6

mustangpete4.6 said:

Hears my problem. I am either going with a KB or a turbo. With either combo I will also get a forged short block and p&p the heads while going with a new cam. With this combo it should raise the redline to say 6500 rpm's or so.

The only problem is that somewhere on http://www.kennebell.net/ I read that you could only take the KB to 6000rpm's. I could not find where it stated this but does anyone know whats the deal with this.

I didn't want to take away from your limelight b c, just wanted to know if this is true.

tech 4.6

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mustangpete4.6 said:

18000 rpm maximum recommended for racing with their supercharger. This is dependent on pully size.
Exp. (crankshaft pulley size/supercharger pulley size) x rpm = 18,000 supercharger rpm

http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/cobraBoostPulleyRatio.pdf

·
Registered
957 Posts
Really nice numbers man!

Run it on that setting at the track and go to a more conservative one for everyday and youll be fine!!!

Oh yeah and if you do run it,put in 2 gals of 100-104 octane unleaded to be safe. Dent. kills these things qiucker than power!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wait until you see the KB article in this months MM&FF magazine.

They showed the #s at 6#, 9#, 11#, and 15# on a 2v 4.6.

All I can say is WOW!

Howard

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vetkilr said:
Really nice numbers man!

Run it on that setting at the track and go to a more conservative one for everyday and youll be fine!!!

Oh yeah and if you do run it,put in 2 gals of 100-104 octane unleaded to be safe. Dent. kills these things qiucker than power!
That is the plan, run a conservative 400 or so hp/tq. I have the switch chip to do just that. I can also back it off with a pulley change which is a piece of cake on this blower.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
hehehe hey mr GT man...
A buddy of mine with an 03 Cobra has that same cold air intake, an X pipe and cat back and only made 425 rwhp on 93 octane. I would say this is an outstanding accomplishment.
Congrats
Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts