Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have spent the last couple of days at Nitrous Pete's shop. He and his mechanics are becoming a systematic Kenne Bell supercharger installation factory.

Today, there were four 03's in the garage all with KB systems on or in process. One was in process and that's my new Dark Shadow child.

:D :D

Matt and Franco both have finished cars and I have driven in both. As Jamie Meyer would put it, this is pure "automotive nirvana".

I know that many people are curious as to an 03 Cobra with a Kenne Bell system. Imagine an 03 with an Eaton and maximum boost capability but add another 70 RWHP and a more quiet blower. That's exactly what I can say about these vehicles. Pump gas safe, doscile and mellow when desired and race car pull when desired.

Both Matt and Francos' cars have modest KB pullies (15-16 lbs of boost) and each car idles, handles, accelerates and brakes no differently from a bone stock 03 Cobra.

Both cars have throttle bodies, which makes for extremely crisp throttle response and both have a race car pull that I have NEVER experienced in an Eaton car. I have no doubt that both cars are capable of ten-second passes with a good tire and a good 60 foot launch...just as they sit and without any NOS. Many of us know what a mid 11-second 03 Cobra feels like when it pulls and these modest Kenne Bell configurations are WAY, WAY more than that!

I must applaud Pete and his efforts on these projects. Obviously he is very determined to achieve customer satisfaction the likes of which I have NEVER seen from any Mustang performance shop in my life (and I've worked with MANY). Pete's hungry to prove himself and please the crowd and it shows.

With Matt's car (matstang), Pete also corrected faulty work done by other shops. I watched him and his mechanics work on all cars (including mine) very closely and they were so careful I couldn't believe it. And before any car comes off of the lift, the boss (Spanky himself) thoroughly inspects all work, checks all nuts, bolts to ensure that nothing was mistakenly overlooked and test drives the cars himself.

Every part removed or installed on each car was done so slowly and carefully...with no regard to time investment or labor efficiency whatsoever. And the labor cost for each of these guys was far less than reasonable. Pete, you may be over extending yourself a bit here!

In all cases, the finished product was nothing short of OEM-looking installs...as if the KB blower was grown there by Ford from the factory.

Prior to Pete's work, Matstang's car had some vibrations and noises. This was due to improper installations of certain parts from undisclosed vendors. Pete spotted these problems, discussed it with Matt and obtained customer authorization to removed and reinstalled these parts. I drove with Matt for about 60 miles after the work and it's like a new car again. I just can't believe it! I am very happy for Matt. And he hit the go petal a couple of times and my heart went into my throat. Quiet, tight and sheer acceleration capable of 10-second quarter mile passes...no question.

Pete, I feel silly giving these kinds of compliments to ANYONE but I would be witholding valuable information from the fellas if I didn't. My only complaints are the following:

1. There's no TV for customers who are hanging at Pete's shop all day. There are couches and there is plenty of room for a small army in his store / lobby area. Get a TV and the Playboy channel, Spanky!

2. Four letters: H E A T !! It got cold today and you NEED to turn the heat on, Pete! You can't have happy customers if they come down with the Flu from hanging out at your shop.

My car is halfway through the install. I have again found the excitement that I had when first buying the 03 Cobra back in June of last year. I feel like a child on Christmas Eve.

I must confess that I have been nervous and apprehensive about this surgical operation all along...up until today and having witnessed Pete's operation and experienced customer work up close and personal. Everything's perfect and the final product is pure Ford bliss...the ULTIMATE street machines.

You are a true credit to the 03 Cobra scene, Pete - as a racer and as a performance shop. I hope you keep it up! Don't lose that hunger, drive and determination.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We @ JLP Have been installing and testing the KB units for some time now. we have made some record times with the KB on our 01 Lightning 10.5 @ 126 1.46 60 ft!(No NO2) Without the KB this wouldn't be possible.We also have an 03 cobra with the KB and a Harley Davidson with a KB also,..We @ our shop Install KB's, And Tune Lightnings.HarleyDavidson.03 cobra's and much more..We @ JLP Can and will Highly Recomend Nitrous Pete and his shop for the KB installs and tuning of these awsome 03 cobra's! Pete has good knowledge and experience in tuning these stangs! We wish Pete and his shop the best of luck and hope this year will be a Huge success for them......:) JL

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
Johnny L, I have been to your shop, I must say you too inpress me in Quality contorl. I think we need more people like us, who care about the after product, there are other shops too I know that do quality work . See you in cecil
nitro

G

·
Sounds like things are going well Pete...very cool !!! You deserve it buddy! I have been telling people if you want to go fast...go to PJ's for years and years now. No new news to me.....

Hey Hammer......no matter how nice you are to Pete, he told me tonight that he still will make my car faster than yours
:p :shocked

Hot Rod(KenneBell is the ticket)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think it is very cool to see Johnny's and Pete's success in the recent years and months. I have dealt with both individuals and must say I am extremely proud to be associated. I have an 03 Cobra being finished up at JLPs while at the same time have loaned Pete my ET streets to test, tune and set records !!

These ET streets have a Awesome History! I bought them from JJ @ JJSVT as he upgraded to some Hooisers (which recently broke into the 11s with only 3# additional Boost!!) and ran an 11.66 my first time out in the Cobra w/ JJ mounted 2.93 and JLP burned Chip!

Now JT contacts me about the JDM / Pete race and knows I have the tires so I say no problem it is the least I can do to further the development of our cars !

Then Ole Pete just keeps gettin Faster and Faster ! -10.06-Absolutely Awesome !! These tire have seen nothing but Lightning and Cobra HP at its BEST !!!!!!!

My hat is off to both of you for your Professional, Honest and Outstanding service to the Cobra and Lightning Community!!!

I owe you both a Helo ride !! Now if I only had my own Helo !!

:D

Jon L

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Jon was there tred on those tires ? lol
see you at cicel,

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry i couldnt post something last night guys, but i had to go right to sleep when I got home. i was dead tired. But it was sooooooo worth it.

Pete, and your crew(jerry, mike & leo) You guys are the best. i really appreicate everything you guys did for me last night. Even though you guys were tired as hell, you would not leave the shop unless you knew everything was done right and ready to go. The throttle response is amazing in my car. That is one hell of a tune you gave me pete. Also what Hammer said in his post, the prices you gave me i know for a fact i would not find anywhere. especially for all the work and fixing you did to my car. It rides as smooth as ever now and i can't be more thankful for everything.

As Hammer mentioned my car was not running good at all. To be honest, it wasn't even fun to drive anymore. I just couldnt' enjoy it. But that all changed yesterday. Once everything was all done and corrected on my car, pete took me out for a ride showing me and explaining everything to me, which means a lot, and shows he cares about his work.

Franco, thank you once again for bringing me down to pete's shop, you have been such a big help and like a brother to me man, i appreciate it a lot. By the way, that C5 had no chance in hell, but it did help us get to pete's shop a lot faster :)

Hammer, like always it was great being around you. I dont think i stopped laughing once.,.lol.,.but you are right, we gotta get pete to turn that heat up,.,.lol,.and jerry can never order pizza for us again.,.lol.,.I guess that's new jersey pizza for u.,.lolol

I am sure i will see all guys soon again. More then likely at tthe track. Talk to you guys soon. Oh yeah Hammer, make sure you have an extra pair of pants for when your car is finished later.,.lol

Matt

·
Registered
516 Posts
Pete you can't buy advertising that good. You only get that kind of work from people who are dedicated to their field of work and are passionate about what they do. Keep up the damn good work.

As far as JLP goes.....I had a pulley installed by Johnny lightning when my car had 300 miles on it. I think Johnny could tell by the way I paced around his shop how nervous I was that someone else was working on my new Cobra besides me. Johnny left me get involved with the work, patiently answered all of my questions and even offered me wrenches to check over the project when he was done.

Johnny also allowed me to wonder around his shop and check out all of the performance parts that were sitting around. He had several KB blowers for the L's there that were anything from pieces to complete units. Not knowing exactly how the internals of a blower work, Johnny patiently gave me a crash course in blower 101. Johnny also had a couple of his CAI ram air prototypes sitting on the bench. He spent 10-15 minutes getting my input from a customers perspective as what I would want or expect from that kit. Don't get me wrong...I am not saying I had anything to do with his final product. I just thought he was trying to ensure that before he offered the kit to the public he would get as much input from people as he could, then decide what the final product would consist of and look like.

Johnny does quality work at very reasonable prices.

It's great to know that we Cobra owners have shops like these to take our prized possesions to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
KB Chargers

Hammer, did Pete use Autologic or Diablo to tune your car? Joe

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Hey!! We gonna need a KB BLOWN 03 Forum soon!!!!

Sounds great guys..Looking foward to seeing these cars soon.
No rides PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Happy to hear Matt's car is straighened out..

jim v.:D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: KB Chargers

magic maker said:
Hammer, did Pete use Autologic or Diablo to tune your car? Joe
Hey, Joe. All cars have Diablo chips and tunes but I believe that Autologic is also available for anyone who wants it.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Matt and Franco:

Put your exact and complete combos in a post or in your signature. Let everyone know exactly what you have done to your cars. Your cars are the reference for the ultimate Cobra.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Okay here is everything, I hope i dont miss anything.

-KB Blower
-2lb lower
-Diablo Chip (Tuned by Pete at PJ's)
-Billetflow Idler Pulley
-Went back to 3.55 gears (Had 4.10's)
-Kooks Long Tube Headers
-H-Pipe
-Magnaflow Catback
-Tri-Ax Shifter
-NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
-55lb Injectors
-Accufab TB
-D & D Subframe Connectors
-315 Nitto Drag Radials (Not on my car yet)
-NOS :D

No Dyno numbers yet, sorry about that guys. But i will be going to the Dyno soon to see what I am pushing.

Matt

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just curious... what does it cost to have Pete work his magic, and how long does it take?

Down here in Texas we don't have the benefit of having the fastest '03 Cobra owner tune our cars, but you never know about a future road trip. :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thats simple just call
nitro

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Hammer you gonna have to give me a ride in that thing when it gets done. Im just afraid of what i might do afterwards lol i know im gonna want one. Im wondering whos gonna be next me Jim,Marlon or Jt lol.

Hey are all you guys going to cecil for the nats cause thank god ill be there....se ya soon

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Installation on my car was done today. Everything is absolutely perfect and the polished KB on the Shadow Gray is a masterpiece. Of course it was raining non-stop all day today so I can't report too much except that it behaves like a stock car.

I'll post more tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts