Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kenne bell question

anyone have a problem with the front vent cap on top of the blower sprayin oil everywhere?? i installed the vent kit for the other orifice...how about just teeing into that line??? will it continue to lose oil till it runs really low??

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
From what I've see, believe it or not, that is normal.

You have to be carefull running it to the other line, if you add any backpressure, the seal pops on the snout.

BTW, I still have the Eaton, but I have a lot of frineds with the KB.

JT

·
Registered
244 Posts
yeah i have the same problem, But from what i have been told it is normal. Just keep an eye on the oil level in the supercharger.

matt

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
I'm leaking too. :mad:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

·
Registered
758 Posts
VENT MOD

It is not mandintory, but it vents the oil away from the blower.

Its only needed if you are above about 13psi. and it blowes oil all the time. Mine does not do it all the time, so I have not installed mine yet.

AMB

·
Registered
244 Posts
I guess w/ 17psi I better get it.,.lol.,.I get oil all over, its a pain to clean up all the time. I will call KB tomorrow. Thanx for the help
Matt

·
Registered
510 Posts
Can anyone post up pics of what this problem looks like?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
venting of oil......

i have a solution for the oil spray, will have pics soon......made a dual line setup that acts as a overflow area under load, then returns the oil when not under load....still vents properly....:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
JT said:

BTW, I still have the Eaton, but I have a lot of frineds with the KB.

JT
Sorry JT, just struck me as fuuny, kinda like the "I slept at a Holiday INN Express last night" LOL

Are you married yet? Honeymoon plans? Later.....BO

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Re: KB Vent Mod

AMB said:
KB sent it to me FREE.

AMB
But does it work? And how the hell did you get a hold of them? They never answer e-mail and phone is often busy with long hold times.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
fix really didn't work good for me

the fix consists of a one way orifice in a vacume line....just pumps the oil into the fender area instead of onto the engine...lol The real fix is posted on my forum..hermann:D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Another weekend WITHOUT cleaning up oil!!!

Man!!! This is awesome, being able to actually drive and USE the power without having to clean up a huge oil mess when i get back home!!!!! :lol Hammer, whats up?? hermann

1 - 20 of 30 Posts