Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how well the new 99up kenne bell will hook up to a 98 gt with pi heads? ive noticed that the alternators differ a bit will that matter? also is there anything else that might not hook up right? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It won't. The 99-04 KB blowers will only mount up to the PI head ports. Kenne Bell is supposedly working on a 96-98 version. I'd just as soon slap on PI heads (better yet ported) in the mean time for even more power when the Kenne Bell goes on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I recently installed the new KB 2V intercooled kit on a 96 T-Bird. The engine is a custom 4.6L 2V with ported PI heads. I have to finish the intercooler plumbing and get it tuned, but the 99 up kit fits and looks good. Mods to the factory wiring harness and adding a second temp sender to the manifold were just some of the needed changes. I used a 2001 alternator and a 97 Crown Vic coil pack mount, custom fuel rails and a custom intercooler tank.
The cars owner and I can't wait to tune this setup and get some track time.

Mike......... :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Who's dat???........

Well...

That makes "2" of us!!!... who can't wait to get this custom muth'r tuned and onto some track times I mean :cool:

:jawdrop :beer :hammer :banggears

Thanks Mike!
"EECDOC Performance!!! --- the 'only' way to get your Bird to FLY!!!"

BullittBird (uhhh, I mean 'BellBird') ~Mike V.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts