Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after checking all my data, I will be going to 55 lb Inj. I now run a 50lb , The 55lb will repeat better under pressure, 1 reason is the pintle seat. and run cooler than the 50lb, I think anyone who is going to run the kb blower should run the 55lb if they are going to run higher boost, 18 and up, its a simple fix in the chip tune, just tell it 55lb inj. done

Thanks Injector dude for the advice, I hadent looked into the injector thing, thought there was no need , I was wrong :(

I will call Hammer from FL to up date him on the dyno and times of pjs car, nitro

·
Registered
510 Posts
Pete, what brand are you going with? How much?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I believe that Siemens Deka is the only injector that comes in a high-impedence #55. That's good because they are a great brand. I have them on my race car in the #83 low impedence size.

Also, I am pretty sure that Alan Kennedy (Injector Dude) is the ONLY distributor for those injectors. He sells them directly (I HIGHLY recommend him as a vendor...his customer service is second to none - I know from first-hand experience!) and to various vendors, but if you get a set...regardless of which vendor...they originate from Alan.

So Injector Dude's got the largest high-impedence injector available. That's the ticket for us because going to a low-impedence injector requires injector drivers and becomes more of a headache than it's worth. The Siemens Deka #55's are the largest true bolt-on injector in existence.

When Pete and other racers went to the #50 high-impedence injectors, they made substantially more power with their 03's. As it turned out, (and thank you Pete for the information) this was because fuel temperature was lowered greatly. Can our stock injectors handle very high HP applications? Apparently so but at a trade-off. Injectors work is based on pulse width and pulse modulation. That means how often each injector squirts fuel into it's cylinder and for what duration of time. With high horsepower applications, our stock injectors must be tuned for very high pulse width and pulse modulation. They work at a high percentage of their capacity (for example, 80% of capacity). And they get HOT! Injector heat causes fuel heat. Fuel heat costs HP.

Larger injectors means operation at less capacity and cooler heat....more HP....at any power level. Good power was found with the use of #50s. Better power will be had with #55s.

Right now a full set can be gotten for $475 but the price will surely go up soon, as demand for these continues to increase. That is because they are not an 'assembly line' injector. They are not 'mass produced'. Each one is made by hand and the demand for them already exceeds the supply.

I ordered my set for $475 so as to ensure the price before the increase happens. It's DEFINATELY a worth while mod. Worth every penny IMO.

·
Registered
510 Posts
HAMMER, Anderson Ford Motorsport lists Holley's 55# injectors and doesn't MSD make them as well? Are these not high-impedence or what?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
JT: There's a set of adapters that you gotta get from Alan as well. He ships it all togather.

Call me about this when you get a chance.

SVTVenom: I just called Anderson Motorsports. They only sell a low impedence 55lb injector. Like I said, I'm pretty sure Alan has the world-wide exclusive on these. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy either...that's for sure.

·
400 Posts
I tried these injectors last week, now it's time for rails. Idle was smooth no problems. Any buddy want to see them and the harnesses I'll will have them at my booth in Bradendon. I am as some others a distributor for Alan's injectors. He has a quility product at a fare price.

Rick

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be going with the Siemens Deka , 55lb I will be selling these also , they are from injector dude, I also am a dealer for his injectors, I know I will pick up with these, Great job Alan
SVTVenom said:
Pete, what brand are you going with? How much?
:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just putting in my .02, since I have the Siemens Deka 55#ers. Rich is right, gotta give props to Alan, he is a top notch guy to deal with. Called me back several times, supplied me with the tracking info from UPS and in general was a great help. Ordered my injectors on Tuesday and had them in my hand on Friday. Now if Victor will just send me my KB, I'll be up to my neck in installs, LOL, snakecharmr99.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey Guys, thanks for the kind words.

As Rich mentioned, demand is definetly exceeding availability of the Siemens Deka High impedence 55# injectors. I have picked a select few Business's that I will do my best to supply the injectors to as dealers. I am hoping all dealers will keep there pricing the same, this should allow the comsumer to buy from the dealer they buy there other parts from, not from the lowest price.

As of this time, the Dealers that these can be purchased through are Don Walker at Modular Madness, Pete at PJ's, Rick at Amazon, Chris Johnson of JMS and of course Myself.

If you are wanting to buy a set from me, I keep a running list and get the injectors to people as they come in. I currently have about 15 sets sold when they show up. Just so you know, I dont request payment until I have the injectors in my hands...ie...no holding onto your money until the next order comes in.

These injectors do require the use of the adapters. I also keep the adapters in stock.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Are these high horsepower cars now needing bigger/better fuel rails to deliver enough fuel? Are they needed or just another thing that would be good to have but not necessary?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts