Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on the Kenny Brown rear shock brace. Install, fit, etc...
Thanks

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Are you running rear coilovers?? If not, then i wouldn't even bother. And I'm not too sure they are necessary even with coilovers. Maybe someone can chime in that has that thing installed.

gary

·
Registered
195 Posts
I purchased the rear shock tower brace. My purpose was to tighten the chasis of my vert. I should mention that I also purchased sub-frame connectors and jacking rails as well.

Any how the installation was easy. the installation of these pieces added desired rigidity to the vert. I am now waiting on Maximum Motorsport to come out with their front shock tower brace to complete my chasis mods.

I would have purchased KB front shock tower brace except that it connects under the CC plates and I don't care for this method.

Good look with choice....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, this is exactly the input I was looking for. I''m doing MM IRS bushing this week, and would like to do something with the springs and shocks, but do not really want to drop the car too much...maybe 1/2"- 3/4" max. That would be near impossible to do with conventional coils, but not much of a problem coil-overs. The trouble w/coil overs is that our cars weren't designed for them and then it becomes a question of how much load the upper shock mount and surrounding unibody can withstand, not so much on a relatively smooth race track, but on rough street surfaces. My thought on the KB brace seems to fit into the general consensus that, in as much as adding more rigidity to the unibody, it would disperse the spring loads from the upper shock mount area thoughout the back of the car. I would think extra bracing on the underside of the shock mounts would also be a good idea, no?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts