Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help deciding, im leaning towards the KNN but the kenne belle systems seems interesting, anyone have track improvements or dynos from stock to just one of those? thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have the K&N aircharger, install details are here:
http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4539
I made mine extra fancy, but I think the kit as it comes is one of the best out there.

Before that I had an open cone 12 inch powerstack. That seems to work pretty darn good, and is less $ than the K&N.

My car did slow down (.3 seconds and 3 mph trap speed) when it was stock with an open element though, so i wouldn't switch to an open style unless you have a smaller blower pulley.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well now I got it narrowed down some lol, i was actually looking at the PHP one as long as I can get it cheap ( I hear 220), the Kenne Bell one is out of the running now

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think the PHP looks the best, and fits the best too. I have seen allot of other CAI's and they look and fit like crap.

My PHP put up great numbers compared to others too with intake and exhaust.

It's definitley a quality piece, and you'll never get tired of looking at it ....it definitely a performance piece of art :D

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I have the steeda. I did a lot of research on these before I bought one. I didn't check out the fenderwell models cause I don't think they work as well and too many people have had problems with them. The K&N, PHP, STEEDA, AMAZON etc... are all pretty much the same and net the same results. I will be the first to admit I do not like steeda or the mustang know-it-alls that answer there phones and take orders. I have to admit though it is a very nice kit. Looks good, very easy to install with no drilling or fabricating required. I actually could feel the performance difference and the eaton is noticeably louder which is fine by me :D
Price wise the steeda is probably in the middle with the k&n being the cheapest and PHP being the most expensive, but I've heard some have come down in prices so you will have to check. I happy with steeda and I would recomend it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
taking up water...

Anyone else worried about taking up water? MOst of the CAI take in by the fog lights, right (the other hole...) what happens when you go through a big puddle or water, or get caught in the rain? I'm not a big fan or hydrolocking my motor... Any CAI that take in by the wheel well instead?

·
Registered
94 Posts
my K&N Aircharger arrives this monday.....i'll let you know how the SOTP feeling is, i heard its unreal...

got mine from www.4filters.com for $169.00 - free shipping. Part # 63-1051.

·
Registered
159 Posts
:shocked I choose the K&N for it's look as well as being one of the best performers. I have no plans to add any chrome under the hood and the K&N 65-1051 looks more like it might have come from the factory as opposed to the fancier looking ones that would draw your eye to just the air cleaner. That black Ken Bell sure strikes my fancy. Maybe next year, one mod at a time as the budget (WIFE) allows :D

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
I'll be doing a back to back comparison of the Kenne Bell system and the Steeda this coming week at DiabloSport, so look out for that information!

Sincerely...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts