Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i ordered the Kooks headers from JDM wednesday,i was told the headers and midpipe were in stock and would be sent out thursday,i was tol dcall back thursday for a tracking number which i had my wife do since i was at work.
She was told JDM didnt hav a tracking number because the headers are being coated and will ship out Friday.
Jump to Friday I call JDM to get the tracking number,im told they dont have one yet because they never had the headers in stock at all and they ae currently waiting for an order to arrive from the coaters,so they could possibly ship out monday.
Originally i called JDM to order the headers under a group purchase plan which was posted on modularfords.com however i was told i cant get that price because after being posted for only 5 days the group purchase was over.
After hanging up and debating as to weather i wanted the headers enough to pay the 1100 dollars i decided i would call back and order them.
I was assured they are in stock and will be shipped wednesday or thursday,so i get on SVT performance and modularfords to sell my current bassani X-pipe,which sells within a couple of hours.
Now i am commited to installing headers next friday and saturday so i can ship out my old x-pipe to the gentleman who purchased it,obviously i wont have the longtubes here to make the swap thank again to JDM and their antics.
It seems everytime i call this place for anything you get 5 different stories from 5 different people.
Thanks again JDM for the sub standard service.:mad:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No i have the bassani off road X and the bassani catback system,factory exhaust manifolds.
Are the QMP headers individual tubes like the KooKs?

G

·
nope, single piece and nothing to leak. pay someone to do the install and do it right, drop the k-member and be done however rob says you can do it with the k member in

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a link to the QMP headers?
Maybe i will call JDM back and cancel the order just to show my gratitude.

G

·
go to the vendor area here. rob raymer makes them.

rick from amazon racing also sells the same damn headers that jdm does.

i think pete practially gives them away as well

G

·
thats right, bi*ch

jdm is notorious for super crappy customer service.

amazon rick is the exact opposite of jdm

i still like my headers best though, as did the shop that installed them...they said they were the nicest mod headers they have installed thus far

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called KooKs and they wont sell direct.You have to go through a distributor.
JDM called me and says they will havethem here by friday so i can meet my obligations.
We will see

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
sn8kbite said:
I called KooKs and they wont sell direct.You have to go through a distributor.
JDM called me and says they will havethem here by friday so i can meet my obligations.
We will see
well that's a new one..................that's how i got mine............oh well..........

gary

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sn8kbite, I think you talked to Jim since, but again we are sorry for the hold up, we usually carry them in stock. We are just being held up by the Ceramic Coaters, they left Kooks weeks ago to get coated before they arrive here. We are gonna ship them via 2 day air to get it to you on time, and pick up the shipping bill on this. We do apologize for any inconvience this may have caused you.

G

·
well, jdm jeremy, i must have called a dozen times about the fluidyne your selling, left my number 2 times and never hear a word. good thing i decided i didnt need one

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Jim called me at home to explain the situation.But as far as the headers getting here in time to meet my obligations is gonna be pushing it i think.But i appreciate the call none the less.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Lets hope it works out time wise..I met Jeremy at JDM and invited him to our site..I am glad Jeremy is on the case.

jim v.

·
Registered
347 Posts
matt lankford said:
well, jdm jeremy, i must have called a dozen times about the fluidyne your selling, left my number 2 times and never hear a word. good thing i decided i didnt need one
Matt, the Heat Exchanger is still a prototype and hasn't been released yet. We recently finished the Lightning unit and started selling them, but the '03 Cobra's are still in the developmental stage. As soon as the bracket fabrication process is finished we will post a thread stating their availability. But since they are not finished I don't have enough information to start calling people until I have a firm date when they will be available. If you call Ford and inquire about an '05 Cobra, would you expect them to call back and take your order now? It's not a great analogy, and I'm not trying to start anything by saying that, so please don't take it the wrong way, but it's amazing one or two people have a "bad" experience with JDM and everyone else loves to jump on the bandwagon, even people who never bought a thing from us.

Well I guess I should go jack off in a sock now....:D

G

·
actually i did attempt to buy something from you before the rumor of the 03 cobra ever became. so im not juping on any band wagon, not sure if you worked there when the jdm caged lower pulley was supposed to be out in a few days for about a year, but i was. i swore then i wouldnt ever do jdm stuff but time passed and i tried again.back to present.... i talked to jim a month ago and he told me he had already sold 24 of them and the customers loved em, and that he would have more tuesday of the following week. so i call back tuesday and im told that they havent even gotten done with the prototype......and then i left my name, twice.

dont get caught with your sock, i saw a movie about that once and it looked embarrasing

·
Registered
347 Posts
matt lankford said:
dont get caught with your sock, i saw a movie about that once and it looked embarrasing
Actually I was gonna use your socks.....j/k

I'm sorry if you had some bad experience's with us in the past, and that other one must have been before I was working there. If you ever change your mind and decide to give us a another chance, please request to talk to me, and i'll take care of you.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Ok guys, if you must post bad experiences with Venders, please keep it clean and to the point. Anyone that has ever ran a business knows how hard is it to please each and every customer. Lets face it shit happens. A few people can ruin a companys reputation on the internet.

I'm locking this thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.