Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I have the Metco lower Pulley set-up I would appreciate if anyone can give me some information:

1. What size is the stock Alternator pulley?

2. Who males larger ones?

3. What sizes are available?

4. I assume the altenator a press on pulley?

5. What are the steps of installation?

6. Toolas required?

7. I ask too many questions, I quit here.

Thanks,

Mike69440

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here is some info that might help.

As per Ron @ Metco:

3.2" for 4# lower
3.5" for 6# lower

The 3.5" Alt Pulley spins the alternator 81 RPM less per 1000 ENGINE RPMs then the stock pulley, when used with a 6# lower. (Alternator spins @ 2578 vs. 2652 at 1000 ENGINE RPM)

The pulleys were designed by March and they did all the calculations to ensure optimal operation.

Because the recommended sizes are slightly underdriven, you will pick up some (READ: very minimal) HP/TQ, all while keeping your electrical system at an acceptable voltage.

I have the 3.2" / 4# RPM numbers at work, but you can just call Metco and ask Ron for details . . .

www.metco-inc.com

Almost forgot, a 15/16" nut/washer holds on the pulley.

·
Registered
661 Posts
deponds on the blower pulley you have , 2lb is fine with the stock alt. pulley . 4,- 6lb will need the larger alt. pulley 3.25 -3.5
nitro I stock these .

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fired her up

Well I lucked out with the Billetflow TB. I do not seem to have a real problem with hanging Idle. Maybe just a blip to bring her down. I had a few problems on the first fire-up but I took care of it.

The Gatorback 4080797 belt is too long but a 4080790 is not available from Goodyear.

I'll see how the new dual chip program works on the dyno once I get the correct idlers and the 3.2 pulley on the alternator for proper belt tension.

I cant wait to drive the car after winter storage.

I want to try that 4 lb lower also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts