Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How will the larger Eaton Supercharger compare to the Kenne Bell setup? Just thinking about trying to stay stock appearing and getting alittle extra from a larger blower.

Harry Mager
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
661 Posts
Harry I will have some info. soon on the eaton, They too will work good , I'll keep you updated , Nitro

·
Registered
111 Posts
Is this something eaton is realeasing for the 03's...Im interested as i cant afford a KB lol

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
FINICKY said:
Is this something eaton is realeasing for the 03's...Im interested as i cant afford a KB lol
This is something that has been rumored for a long time. I believe it was reported as a 160.
Eaton makes a 45 then a 60, a 90 and our 112.
The KenneBell is larger even then the 160.

jim v.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
No, the KB is only 2.2L, less than 140 Cu.in. The 160 Eaton would be bigger than the KB.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
IWRBB said:
No, the KB is only 2.2L, less than 140 Cu.in. The 160 Eaton would be bigger than the KB.
Thank's for the correct info.., I was thinking 2.2 to 1.6..
Never was good at Math..

jim v.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Kino said:
Quick question, is the Eaton going to be a twin-screw or another roots-type?
Eaton makes roots-type superchargers only. KB is the exclusive North American vendor for the autorotor twin screw.

While both roots and twin-screw are positive displacement superchargers (as opposed to centrifical), the twin screw is hands-down superior to the roots and will yield much bigger, more efficient and cooler boost levels across the board. As JT puts it, the roots is an air blower while the twin screw is an air compressor. That's why the KB makes such HUGE power gains over the Eaton. I highly doubt a larger Eaton will even compare to the current offering from KB.

The only upgrade blower I would consider besides the KB is the Works unit. And there's no ETA in sight for that.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The Works 140 for the Lightning/HD is being released this month, and the Cobra version is said to be released before the end of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts