Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Receiving 16 brand new Denso IT22's for all my trouble with Denso, I will say when U get ahold of the right people, things get done! I will have all the mods in my sig and most likely start running the 2.80. So which is it Gap them carefully with my feeler guage and needle noses @ ?? gap, or leave them alone and run out of the box gap??? They few I checked before were 27-32 . What will it be Denso gurus?? :)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Leave them alone...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I don't agree. What is the problem with checking them. Take the 10 minutes it takes to check them/gap them just for piece of mind. Why trust factory gap on your $35K car :confused:

FWIW.......I picked up a set of IT-20's the other night and the gaps ranged from .028-.042.

Also........if you do gap them get the correct tool. For the Denso's you can not use a feeler gauge. There is a round gapping tool that you need to use. You can not touch the electrode when gapping Denso's, 9 times out of 10 it will break.

--Joe

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just checking.. I've seen $80 versions of the same tool which I'm sure work slightly better but too rich for my blood. I did the coin gapper thing before, obviously that didn't work. Guess Its time to pick up my worn out/broken Craftsmen sockets and ratchets and make a toy run to Sears! :)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I am gonna be extra careful with a set of feeler guages, and set my IT22's to 35 or 38 havent decided, as far as opening the gap what about a set of good needle nose pliers, alot have used these with good success!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
What Densos do you recommend for the mods I have in my sig?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts