Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the shit Indiana weather, had my last track outing last weekend. The car is looking better. Looks to actually have some antisquat now, hitting the tires to hard? Definitely needs some fine tuning next spring. Also the track was awful.......every car was spinning. My buddy with a stock exhaust, ported blower, IRS car could not 60ft under a 1.9 with 335 hoosier drag radials LOL! Really wanted a 9 but it would not do it with the 60's. Figured I would share.....now all there is to do is sit here and be jealous of everyone that lives in a warm state....damn it!!

Posi Ported Eaton M122 2003 Cobra - YouTube 10.17 @138 1.65 60ft

2003 Cobra Posi Ported M122 - YouTube 10.19 @139 1.66 60ft

2003 Cobra Posi Ported M122 - YouTube Clutch didn't like the short shift and N2O

· Registered
1,689 Posts
It sounds like your leaving at idle, and almost sounds like the car is boucing all the way down the track. Damn nice numbers either way.

· Premium Member
8,806 Posts
did you walk up to the line and see how the track was? you have a TON of wheel speed like there isnt even compound down on the track

front comes up and down way too fast

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you walk up to the line and see how the track was? you have a TON of wheel speed like there isnt even compound down on the track

front comes up and down way too fast
The track was shit but I am pretty sure it is hitting the tires to hard now (to much antisquat). Here is a slow motion vid. Any input is appreciated!
cobralaunch.mp4 video by cobrasnake2003 - Photobucket

before at bowling green and the trip before
COB3.mp4 video by cobrasnake2003 - Photobucket

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very impressive at usual!
I have a spare bed room.
Come on down and let's go racing!!
It was supposed to hit 80 today!
We are going to a private track rental on 12-11 at Palm Beach International Raceway.
If the wife would not kill me I would take you up on that LOL!

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to Bradenton tomorrow for a Runday Sunday :) Gotta love FL this time of year!
Rub it in a little more LOL! Damn you haha

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! Are you still running a T56? I'd like to see some in car vids, you're really slammin those gears.
Thanks It is a 3650 5-speed.

· Registered
798 Posts
Justin,

Car has more anti-squat than it did before. Tire pressure looks a tad low, but I would keep it where it is. I would try to bring the anti-squat back to around 100% or 105%. Are you dumping the clutch? Go ahead and dump it if not. Let the marcel(sp) in the clutch do work. What are you leaving at?

As the rear suspension starts to work, the front end will stay up because of the traction.

Keep me posted when you get some measurements so we can try to get this thing to hook!

Later
Jason

· Premium Member
8,806 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Justin,

Car has more anti-squat than it did before. Tire pressure looks a tad low, but I would keep it where it is. I would try to bring the anti-squat back to around 100% or 105%. Are you dumping the clutch? Go ahead and dump it if not. Let the marcel(sp) in the clutch do work. What are you leaving at?

As the rear suspension starts to work, the front end will stay up because of the traction.

Keep me posted when you get some measurements so we can try to get this thing to hook!

Later
Jason
It is getting there! I figured the antisquat out through the baseline calculator last night and it said I had 115%. I did all the measurements without me in it and tried to compensate but apparently it did not work. Hopefully that is the problem. I will have those exact measurements as soon as I can get someone my size to come over and sit in the car. Thanks again Jason!

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What did you change?? I was assuming nothing which would make it the track IMO.
I ended up putting a baseline pro launch 2 on the car.

· Premium Member
8,806 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.